Toy Story 4 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story 4

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, the animation looks great. But then again, it's Pixar. They haven't made a whole lot of films where it looks bad at the time it comes out.

As for the story and whatnot, I have to agree that it's honestly the same themes of the purpose of toys/abandonment issues. When I saw the trailer I was getting some serious Toy Story 2 vibes as I know I've seen these beats before.

I don't think the film will be bad, but I don't think this is the kind of film you want to release after the previous one which is generally agreed to end the film series on a perfect note.

I kinda think this is gonna be a reversal of previous films. Woody learned to let go at the end of Toy Story 3 but he wasn't saying goodbye to his whole world. I have a feeling we're gonna see Woody let go of his "purpose" as a toy and say goodbye to Bonnie before she grows up, not out of fear of abandonment but to stay with Bo Peep and to find a new purpose. Tom Hanks said it made him cry and while I understand the cynicism about this film, I'm interested if this is actually the route. I'm more on board than I was before but cautiously so.

I kinda think this is gonna be a reversal of previous films. Woody learned to let go at the end of Toy Story 3 but he wasn't saying goodbye to his whole world. I have a feeling we're gonna see Woody let go of his "purpose" as a toy and say goodbye to Bonnie before she grows up, not out of fear of abandonment but to stay with Bo Peep and to find a new purpose. Tom Hanks said it made him cry and while I understand the cynicism about this film, I'm interested if this is actually the route. I'm more on board than I was before but cautiously so.
If the lesson of this movie is “What your child creates is more important than what your child buys,” ooo boy.

That’s going to be a bit of a gut punch.

Reactions: Clive and Frogki
I hope Disney/Pixar knows what they’re doing. I’d hate to see something like Toy Story have a forgettable sequel. Pixar’s last 2 sequels have been just that. This kind of plot kind of lends itself to one of those half hour specials. Hope I’m wrong

Regardless of how the film turns out, pre-sales are off the charts right now and it's looking like this could possibly overtake Incredibles 2 for highest domestic opening weekend for an animated film with estimates at a $150-$200 million opening.

Regardless of how the film turns out, pre-sales are off the charts right now and it's looking like this could possibly overtake Incredibles 2 for highest domestic opening weekend for an animated film with estimates at a $150-$200 million opening.
When did estimates get that high? It was $120-$130 just the other day.

The review embargo has been lifted and it seems that despite all odds, Pixar has another winner on their hand with a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes with 65 reviews counted so far. Granted, it's still really early to tell, but I'd be amazed if this drops hard over the next week.

Toy Story 4 (2019) - Rotten Tomatoes

Nice to hear. Now, can we PLEASE end this series? For good, this time?

This is truly unprecedented for a film franchise to be this critically successful. Of the four Toy Story movies, it holds a 100% on 3 of the 4 movies (as of this moment with 90 reviews for TS4). And TS3 holds a 98%. For a film franchise to be not just financially successful, but actually churn out great movie after great movie is very rare air. Illumination needs to take notes. Making money is one thing, but a great story is why people fall in love with said franchise and it can stand the test of time.

Saw the movie late last night. First of all, THAT ANIMATION IS BEAUTIFUL you seeing in in Dolby you can see every little detail they put into it and it’s breathtaking. The film is surprisingly very funny and and I even got emotional multiple times throughout. The characters that are added do a great job to support the story and cast. If it wasn’t for Endgame (I’m sorry you can’t compete with the buildup of 10 years of movies) this may be my favorite movie of all time.

Saw the movie late last night. First of all, THAT ANIMATION IS BEAUTIFUL you seeing in in Dolby you can see every little detail they put into it and it’s breathtaking. The film is surprisingly very funny and and I even got emotional multiple times throughout. The characters that are added do a great job to support the story and cast. If it wasn’t for Endgame (I’m sorry you can’t compete with the buildup of 10 years of movies) this may be my favorite movie of all time.
All-time? Wow. That’s a big statement lol. For me, John Wick 3 actually was a more time at the movies than Endgame (read: more fun, not better).

Anyways, I’m hopefully going to see TS4 tonight. I was hesitant on why this movie is even a thing, but I’ve heard nothing but great things.

All-time? Wow. That’s a big statement lol. For me, John Wick 3 actually was a more time at the movies than Endgame (read: more fun, not better).

Anyways, I’m hopefully going to see TS4 tonight. I was hesitant on why this movie is even a thing, but I’ve heard nothing but great things.
It ranks so highly for me due to the fact at how emotional I got during the movie, which is something that has never happened to me before Endgame and this. I loved John Wick 3 but for some reason I’m my head I can’t rank a bad ass action movie that has my jaw on the floor above a movie. Over a movie that makes me emotional.