Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe they are closing Pixar Place once Toy Story Land opens and making it backstage area. Perhaps they could create an exit that runs along the berm of Star Wars Land and dumps you out into Grand Avenue? But that would involve backstage areas likely needed for the construction of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway...

M&M would be open by then.

This place will be a madhouse for years and years, and I think it will get *worse* with Star Wars opening.
This is why the Indiana Jones boat ride that has been talked about is being seriously looked at for DHS. They know the park needs more rides.

I think they'd have to get creative. Perhaps near the land entrance where the original plans called for some buildings and a shop?
They could have put rides in the middle of the coaster layout as there's more than enough space that it takes up. They chose not to use that space to it's fullest advantage.

If they do any sort of expansion for the land (store, M&G, show, flat ride, etc), you are right that it will likely be in that front part of the land.

Exactly. And even the 60 days is a bit of a misnomer. Generally people book multiple days vacation on site. Touring Plans is saying that the FOP fastpasses are usually all gone at the 60, 61, and 62 day mark and don't become available until 63 days. Example: If you arrive on a Sunday, you'll probably have to wait until the Weds. of your vacation to get a FOP fastpass. And Disney doesn't hold any fastpasses back, and make them available day of, for FOP, Navii River,Seven Dwarfs or Frozen. So the only way to get a fastpass for those attractions day of is if someone cancels and you were lucky enough to be refreshing your app at that time. I'm guessing both new TSL attractions will be handled the same way, and the only way you'll be able to get a fastpass in advance is if you have, at minimum, a three or four day vacation on site. One or two days on site, you'll probably be zero chance of getting a FP. (Touring Plans had a special article and accompanying graphs on the 60 day fastpass situation a couple of weeks ago)
It's incredibly easy to get a FP for NRJ most of the year and that's without trying too hard. Normally I find one on my first try for a party of 4. FoP is incredibly hard however.

Last edited:
I think this looks good on a model but would be a bit of an eye sore from Star Wars. I think this is more of a practical choice and a budget choice.
Sight lines over berm from some angles in SW was my guess too. Also, you won’t really see much as you exit the ride, walking by for 1 minute quickly. Being so close to the building you likely won’t even notice the top part of that building anyway, only close to the ground theming. Go away green is fine for that side.

Reactions: Nick
Not sure if anyone else has thought of this, but with the Weezy AA being added to SDD and the quietness surrounding Mr. Potato Head (and the similarity in body shape), one has to wonder - did they simply reskin Mr. Potato Head and turn him into Weezy to try to make SDD seem better? More importantly, will we actually see Mr. Potato Head again in Florida?

We probably won't know until we get pics of the TSMM queue, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Weezy is simply a reskin. They know that TSMM is already a guest favorite. I hope i'm wrong though.

ALSO - I was thinking about possible areas that flats could go and in just this half of the land I can see two spots, although only one of them is really likely. Where all the trees are over near the fence is the most likely. They wouldn't need to remove all trees and the bottom of the fence could remain hidden, but something like a merry-go-round (just a personal thought on something that would fit the land) or really any flat ride that is low to the ground would fit there. Since i'm proposing something simple like a merry-go-round, a big queue wouldn't be needed, thus it doesn't need to take up a lot of space and would fit. Theme it to a character like Bo Peep or something.

The other spot in this frame I had in mind would be in-between the track for Slinky below, which isn't crazy considering in one of the concept art pieces they released they had a guest path going through there. The issue would be since that's a tighter space, the queue would cause issues.

Anyway, I can easily see them adding some sort of flat, although another should have been in the opening day lineup anyway. A better track design for Slinky could've put the land to better use in terms of flats in various places.
DcZNBV7VMAAs3q7.jpg

This pic is from May 4th from bio

Last edited:
Reactions: belloq87
Not sure if anyone else has thought of this, but with the Weezy AA being added to SDD and the quietness surrounding Mr. Potato Head (and the similarity in body shape), one has to wonder - did they simply reskin Mr. Potato Head and turn him into Weezy to try to make SDD seem better? More importantly, will we actually see Mr. Potato Head again in Florida?

We probably won't know until we get pics of the TSMM queue, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Weezy is simply a reskin. They know that TSMM is already a guest favorite. I hope i'm wrong though.
I think there’s a very good chance it’s Mr Potato Head. Some folks guessed that around Twitter when he was announced last week.

61B863C5-C21A-4EF6-AFDF-BC840CCD2F3A.jpeg

Reactions: Coasted and Nick
That would be a really complicated reskin, considering the mouths and eyes us completely different technology and are located in completely different places on the body...
I wouldn’t say a reskin, more like a servo recycling program. At least the swivel base wouldn’t need to change.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

Peeled!?
Will never look at Weezy in same way again.

How else do you think they fixed his squeaker?
Nerd rant time:

Toy Story Land seems to be set between the events of TS2 and TS3. We know this because Jesse is here, who joined the group in the second film. Also, Wheezy is here, who was lost/died before the third film. And, ya know, cause Andy is still playing with toys and they’re not yet owned by Bonnie (it’s his backyard and he built the coaster after all, plus, his footprints can be seen.)

All that is fine and good... but then how is there Trixie, and other characters, in Midway Mania that don’t join the group until halfway through the third film!?! And I bet you more will be added after the fourth film!

Okay, so I guess we are to believe that the “Land” takes place in one time period, and the ride takes place in another... but wait, the ride’s load area is set in Andy’s bedroom, and not Bonnie’s, and my brain just broke.

I guess...
887E2606-6DDD-498F-9400-CB360CF905A0.jpeg

They wouldn't need to remove all trees and the bottom of the fence could remain hidden, but something like a merry-go-round (just a personal thought on something that would fit the land)
I would enjoy a merry-go-round with a ton of different toys you can ride and interact with, similar to the Caro-Seuss-el. It could be something special and not just a boring flat ride like (imo) the alien spinners.