Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

This is why I hope we see virtual queue on all of Universals new rides.
Absolutely not. If everything were virtual queue people would start to realize that rides often do not have enough capacity in a day for all guests to ride and we (especially the well informed guests) would have a much harder time getting as much done as people scramble to reserve everything.

This is why the Indiana Jones boat ride that has been talked about is being seriously looked at for DHS. They know the park needs more rides.

They could have put rides in the middle of the coaster layout as there's more than enough space that it takes up. They chose not to use that space to it's fullest advantage.

If they do any sort of expansion for the land (store, M&G, show, flat ride, etc), you are right that it will likely be in that front part of the land.

It's incredibly easy to get a FP for NRJ most of the year and that's without trying too hard. Normally I find one on my first try for a party of 4. FoP is incredibly hard however.

They absolutely could have put more themed up flats to eat capacity up in Toy Story Land. And... all things considered it would have been cheap for Disney.

Nerd rant time:

Toy Story Land seems to be set between the events of TS2 and TS3. We know this because Jesse is here, who joined the group in the second film. Also, Wheezy is here, who was lost/died before the third film. And, ya know, cause Andy is still playing with toys and they’re not yet owned by Bonnie (it’s his backyard and he built the coaster after all, plus, his footprints can be seen.)

All that is fine and good... but then how is there Trixie, and other characters, in Midway Mania that don’t join the group until halfway through the third film!?! And I bet you more will be added after the fourth film!

Okay, so I guess we are to believe that the “Land” takes place in one time period, and the ride takes place in another... but wait, the ride’s load area is set in Andy’s bedroom, and not Bonnie’s, and my brain just broke.

I guess...
View attachment 6659

A wizard built the land.

I would enjoy a merry-go-round with a ton of different toys you can ride and interact with, similar to the Caro-Seuss-el. It could be something special and not just a boring flat ride like (imo) the alien spinners.

That sounds like a more fun version of what Pixar Pier is getting. Funny how MK is the only WDW park with a carousel.

sfkghkdhr7867891-624x352.jpg

So TSMM will close June 11-18th to finish off the reconfiguration of the entrance to TSL.

Seeing as this is smack in the middle of summer and they are closing their most popular ride in the park that only has four rides, it will be interesting. Unfortunate for those who will be there, but it seemed pretty inevitable that they would need to do this.

The sad thing is SDD and ASS are gonna be sitting back there pretty much ready to go, but they almost 100% won't be able to soft open the land during this time as the land itself won't be finished.

So TSMM will close June 11-18th to finish off the reconfiguration of the entrance to TSL.

Seeing as this is smack in the middle of summer and they are closing their most popular ride in the park that only has four rides, it will be interesting. Unfortunate for those who will be there, but it seemed pretty inevitable that they would need to do this.

The sad thing is SDD and ASS are gonna be sitting back there pretty much ready to go, but they almost 100% won't be able to soft open the land during this time as the land itself won't be finished.
Oh my god. A week straight of a park with three rides. I'm glad I don't work at guest services.

What really blows my mind is they still charged regular price for that park during all of this. And people are paying it.:faint:

I'd say a significant amount of people who visit bought ticket packages. I think very rarely anyone who is visiting from around the world decided to pay $100+ just for DHS.

This was my assumption for years, until a friend of mine did a stint in ticket sale purgatory. Virtually everyone who walks up buys 1-day tickets. I guarantee you a couple thousand people a day, at least, are shelling out $100 for a day at the construction zone.

I bet it won't affect waits at the rest of the park much but we'll still see TEA saying this damn place gets over 11m a year in attendance.

I bet it won't affect waits at the rest of the park much but we'll still see TEA saying this damn place gets over 11m a year in attendance.

I would love to see the actual numbers. Strip out the park hoppers and those that went in, left, and came back. What is the actual attendance? For park hoppers, they can count them if DHS was the first park visited.