Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's moreso the current staff has these issues... and rely too heavily on the technology.

Eddie Sotto used to make them draw out victorian accents by hand rather than drafting them in CAD because the computer software created curves that were too perfect and thus looked very unnatural for the art style. The team at WDI at the time hated doing it.

This sounds like it could be a software problem more than an Imagineering problem. Disney have thought about a kid's perspective in the past:
tumblr_nu8h4sk3PI1qm8776o1_500.png

Then again, with stuff like this, I think it sounds like a happy coincidence for people to give extra credit to Disney whether intentional or not.

To be fair the story I was told was that she appears to be crowned as you bow to her.

Reactions: Scott W.
How does Pizza Planet make sense in the theme of Toy Story Land? Aren't you supposed to be shrunken down to the size of a toy? Unless the entire restaurant is oversized? I mean I would love to see a Pizza Planet restaurant but it doesn't seem to match what they're going for...

How does Pizza Planet make sense in the theme of Toy Story Land? Aren't you supposed to be shrunken down to the size of a toy? Unless the entire restaurant is oversized? I mean I would love to see a Pizza Planet restaurant but it doesn't seem to match what they're going for...
It won't be Pizza Planet... Bioreconstruct is misinformed.

It's simply going to be a walk-up counter service restaurant.

Reactions: HereWeGo
Sigh...

When Six Flags makes your art look bad...

This coaster is alledgedly supposed to load on a moving platform. Let's hope so- otherwise, 8 people per Train sounds like a capacity nightmare. But hey, that's six flags.

It won't be Pizza Planet... Bioreconstruct is misinformed.

It's simply going to be a walk-up counter service restaurant.

For the go-to, picture taking badass that we adore for his unparalleled coverage. He really has no clue what's going on about 10% of the time and just states stuff as fact. Hah

Reactions: Joel
For the go-to, picture taking badass that we adore for his unparalleled coverage. He really has no clue what's going on about 10% of the time and just states stuff as fact. Hah
Which is too bad considering the influence he has on the theme park news cycles. He has a very large audience and stating something as fact that isn't true will lead to a lot of misinformation.

He also recently said that the attraction going to UK in Epcot will be Poppins and a recreation of Cherry Tree Lane. The only person who is saying this right now is Jim Hill while all other insiders are adamant that Poppins is not coming (as of right now).

He also recently said that the attraction going to UK in Epcot will be Poppins and a recreation of Cherry Tree Lane. The only person who is saying this right now is Jim Hill while all other insiders are adamant that Poppins is not coming (as of right now).
Tell that to the dozen+ blogs that ran the story this week.

Reactions: Nick
Well that can pretty much be attributed to only one thing: Bad journalism.

All these blogs want is clicks so they run click bait stories. They don't bother sourcing anything that they post. They know their audience will eat it up.

I think the positive here is that there's serious talks for the U.K. attraction and it will likely open before Rat if what I've heard is correct.

We're way off topic now though so let's bring it back.

Reactions: Alicia

The wannabe Disney Youtubers annoy me more.

Sitting on a Sofa discussing 'news' that is either 2 weeks old, or completely incorrect! All just click-baiting for more money!!

The wannabe Disney Youtubers annoy me more.

Sitting on a Sofa discussing 'news' that is either 2 weeks old, or completely incorrect! All just click-baiting for more money!!
The worst part is since he monetizes the videos, quite a few different insiders are refusing to give up certain info now because all that happens is the DSNY guy goes and uses it for his own gain.

Reactions: Jon84
The worst part is since he monetizes the videos, quite a few different insiders are refusing to give up certain info now because all that happens is the DSNY guy goes and uses it for his own gain.
How did you know that was the guy I was talking about?! :lmao:

Reactions: Nick