Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

Aerial update from BlogMickey:
PHOTOS: Latest Aerial Look at Toy Story Land (August 2017) - Blog Mickey
Overview... note they are painting the picket fence again to be a brown color.
toy-story-land-08182017-9.jpg

New TSMM entrance:
toy-story-land-08182017-7.jpg

Some theming going in place:
toy-story-land-08182017-2.jpg

Steel for the roof over Swirling Saucers now erected (quick service location at left):
toy-story-land-08182017-12.jpg

What's left of Stage 4:

that rollercoaster still looks terrible
I actually think this coaster will surprise a lot of people. It's not going to reinvent the wheel, but it's not going to be bad either. That said, it takes up far too much room, will have a weak capacity and will be light on theming.

If I had to wage a guess, it will have Big Thunder level thrills with (slightly above) Barnstormer level theming.

... If I had to wage a guess, it will have Big Thunder level thrills ...
I agree. This sideways (!) loop looks more intense than the core Toy Story demographic!?

May actually alienate the target audience - and instead be enjoyed by everyone else (photo from above tweet)

IMG_8633.PNG

What's left of Stage 4:

I actually think this coaster will surprise a lot of people. It's not going to reinvent the wheel, but it's not going to be bad either. That said, it takes up far too much room, will have a weak capacity and will be light on theming.

If I had to wage a guess, it will have Big Thunder level thrills with (slightly above) Barnstormer level theming.

I'm hoping for this to be true. DHS is my second favorite park (even now) and I hope for all new expansions to both WDW & UOR to be successful. TBH I enjoy the 7DMT in MK, but I can't get my girlfriend to go on it anymore because it's too tame; I can never get enough of those animatronics though.

I expect Slinky to be pretty comparable to 7DMT in the thrill/fun factor. The level of detail though. WOW. I can't wait to see the trains. If they are a hideously bazaar as I expect, this thing could be spectacularly ugly AND uncomfortably weird.

Do any insiders have the official reason for why there won't be a Barbie & Ken Dream House that features a fully accurate recreation of the Barbie's Birthday show from Epcot '94? Was really looking forward to that...

Do any insiders have the official reason for why there won't be a Barbie & Ken Dream House that features a fully accurate recreation of the Barbie's Birthday show from Epcot '94? Was really looking forward to that...

Licencing for a movie is much easier than for a theme park land, and Mattel is notoriously difficult to work with.

Licencing for a movie is much easier than for a theme park land, and Mattel is notoriously difficult to work with.
You know who must be real easy to license for a theme park? Tinkertoy. It's like more than half of the theming for the Toy Story themed lands. Freakin everywhere.

No LEGO though. No way, Jose.

You know who must be real easy to license for a theme park? Tinkertoy. It's like more than half of the theming for the Toy Story themed lands. Freakin everywhere.

No LEGO though. No way, Jose.
Well, if Tinker Toys had a park an hour away....

And then there's Lincoln Logs. I heard KNEX didn't want the Slinky Dog (Alex Brand) train therefore no KNEX tie in.

Well, if Tinker Toys had a park an hour away....

And then there's Lincoln Logs. I heard KNEX didn't want the Slinky Dog (Alex Brand) train therefore no KNEX tie in.
From the changes in concept art I'd say Hot Wheels wasn't to keen on the look of the launch sequence either.