Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ah, but TSL is based on how the characters look in the movies though. As far as we know, Andy only has one Woody, Buzz, Slinky Potato Head, etc. Nothing about this land makes me believe i've been shrunk down to the size of a toy (I know TSMM certainly doesn't).

It's just a bad concept for a land.

I don't think the concept is bad, just poorly executed. It certainly feels like Dinsey's B team is in charge of design and marketing on this one.

I think the Slinky dog coaster will be a fine ride but I'd have preferred they went with a Hot Wheels type idea. This would have looked sick to that theming, especially in that colour:

I understand that there would be licensing issues and why pay for an IP when you can use an in house one for free.

Reactions: Coasted
Soooooo maybe I keep overthinking this but is Star Wars land also in Andy's backyard with it's wrong scale of AT-AT walkers and oversized cockpit for the Millennium Falcon and non movie related location it could be a Chinese knock off toy set? Wait, will the whole park be called: Disney Andy's Backyard?;)

Reactions: Coasted and Mad Dog
Soooooo maybe I keep overthinking this but is Star Wars land also in Andy's backyard with it's wrong scale of AT-AT walkers and oversized cockpit for the Millennium Falcon and non movie related location it could be a Chinese knock off toy set? Wait, will the whole park be called: Disney Andy's Backyard?;)

I think it's an almost certainty that we'll see Star Wars in Toy Story 4 so why not :lol:

Reactions: Coasted
slinky-dog-coaster.jpg

I was going to say before I saw the video posted that you there's a camera rig in the right side of this shot.

I actually enjoyed that video haha

I truly wish I could find a way to be excited for this.

2018 is the year we see what happens when both Disney and Universal are out to lunch, creatively. And that’s not to denigrate the hard work being put in by those working on the projects themselves (the folks in the video seem quite genuine and earnest despite the obligatory PR-speak), but rather the uninspiring dictates that were handed down from on high. For the amount of money that has (reportedly) been spent on Toy Story Land, we should be getting more - in theme and substance - than we are.

Reactions: SpyderDan
So, the coaster looks like it takes up apx. 6 to 8 acres of the expansion. Too much space wasted by a so so attraction.
Oh definitely. There should've been multiple dark rides on this plot to really take full advantage of the land.

At least it's better than the other TSL's, but that's not saying much.

I'm not gonna complain. The anchor for the land is still Midway Mania, which is a fun ride. The new stuff is an expansion of the park into what was previously employee only areas, so no biggee.
This I agree with. At least it's using previously non-guest used space. Although that makes it hurt a little more that the GMR got the axe for Mickey when they are wasting so much space back here.

Last edited:
Why does Disney like creating these big obstructions in the front of some their coasters? Big Thunder Mountain has that also and I can't sit in the front because of this. I hate that!

Reactions: Doug A.
I guess I'm one of the few
On this board that actually thinks this looks like a great new section for families with younger kids. The coaster takes up a lot of space, but that just means it's a longer experience. Looks fun to me. Toy story already has a dark ride.

Reactions: HereWeGo and Alicia