Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guess I'm one of the few
On this board that actually thinks this looks like a great new section for families with younger kids. The coaster takes up a lot of space, but that just means it's a longer experience. Looks fun to me. Toy story already has a dark ride.

It looks like a nice section but I really don't think that the coaster is going to be a long experience, unless it is dreadfully slow. It looks like a Lego coaster if you kind of scan the picture with you eyes instead of focusing in on individual pieces.

I guess I'm one of the few
On this board that actually thinks this looks like a great new section for families with younger kids. The coaster takes up a lot of space, but that just means it's a longer experience. Looks fun to me. Toy story already has a dark ride.
I think people's issue more is that this didn't need to be all Toy Story. It could've been a mash of Pixar IP.

I think people's issue more is that this didn't need to be all Toy Story. It could've been a mash of Pixar IP.

That's fair. A lot of Pixar movies that could be represented, although Toy Story is still probably the most popular.
If we weren't getting Star Wars land AND the Mickey Mouse ride i may be a little more critical

Reactions: Andysol
It's going to be really weird to walk into that area and the Pixar gate is a dead end to backstage.

And I still don't know how the original ride is going to get out of the building if entry is from the other side. It can't have a path around the other way because that's the maintenance bay.

I guess it can walk all the way around toward the new ride and exit on that side - but that's a long long walk.

It's going to be really weird to walk into that area and the Pixar gate is a dead end to backstage.

And I still don't know how the original ride is going to get out of the building if entry is from the other side. It can't have a path around the other way because that's the maintenance bay.

I guess it can walk all the way around toward the new ride and exit on that side - but that's a long long walk.

I can't imagine it's longer than the walk for Indy at DL.

Something I haven't seen mentioned - with Irma blowing through, many of the trees on DHS's perimeter have been thinning and you can easily see Slinky from World Drive.

Someone had suggested that this was a pull through as when they saw it the train was on the bunny hops and it wasn't moving. I would hope it wouldn't stop on the bunny hops if it was a launched test run.

Last edited:
Pull through means they're using a cable wench type system? Never heard of that term before

Basically they use winches to pull the car through the entire circuit to look for any problems rather than just letting it go and seeing what happens. It's kinda rare these days. They've got so good with computers and engineering that they usually can go straight into test runs without the added step. Not sure why they are still doing a pull through here.

Reactions: Joel
Basically they use winches to pull the car through the entire circuit to look for any problems rather than just letting it go and seeing what happens. It's kinda rare these days. They've got so good with computers and engineering that they usually can go straight into test runs without the added step. Not sure why they are still doing a pull through here.

Launch coasters tend to have pull throughs just because any little margin of error at the launch track will cause major issues. And since this is a low to the ground type coaster, it's not a big pain to test.

Reactions: Andysol and Joel
I think it's also common for Disney because of the thematic elements. 7D had unacceptable clearances right away.

That seems a more likely reason. Most coasters today don't have any possible interference that isn't another part of the coaster and accounted for in the engineering.