Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Even using part of the building for a second ride to also house an indoor dark ride section for the coaster.
Yep. The building that the third track is in is completely wasted space. The third track is unnecessary and a waste of a building.

Yep. The building that the third track is in is completely wasted space. The third track is unnecessary and a waste of a building.
I don’t know that I agree with that. Mania is a huge draw, and will continue to be a huge draw even after Star Wars opens. The more E-Tickets (which it isn’t for me personally but it is as far as Disney is concerned) in that park with good capacity, the better.

Granted, the ride should have been built with three tracks to begin with, and in an ideal world, there should be enough attractions in the park to where two Track Toy Story Mania is plenty, but the expansion was necessary for a ride with that level of demand in a park that was allowed to get to the state it’s in.

The reason for the 3rd track is Disney thinking ahead. More guests visiting for SWL will require larger capacity everywhere else.
But if there was entirely new ride in that space, then TSMM wouldn't be so popular. Plus, I'd rather take longer waits for TSMM if it means more attractions park-wide.

Reactions: Alicia
But if there was entirely new ride in that space, then TSMM wouldn't be so popular. Plus, I'd rather take longer waits for TSMM if it means more attractions park-wide.
Yea, I was gonna reply with the same thing. Instead of adding another track here - or another theater to Soarin' - they really should've been adding more attractions. The wait times for these rides weren't so high because of the ride so much as it was the lack of other decent rides for families at these parks.

Being Pixar Place, the original idea for that space was an indoor inverted family coaster based on Monsters Inc., modeled after the moving door tracks from the finale of the first film.

Concept art was drawn up and everything:
View attachment 5585

Part of me wonders how big that coaster would have been, and what else could fit on that land. But had that been the only ride built on that land, wouldn't we still have the same problem as we do now? Wasted Land?

Part of me wonders how big that coaster would have been, and what else could fit on that land. But had that been the only ride built on that land, wouldn't we still have the same problem as we do now? Wasted Land?
That would have taken over only the soundstage where the third Toy Story Midway Mania track is now (with an extended roof to accommodate several stories of coaster track.) The land behind it where Toy Story Land is being built was an employee parking area and backstage structures until recently.

I think it would've been better to have gotten a different ride than just a third Toy Story track... at the time. Now all bets are off and it's all Toy Story.

Rumors were that after the Monsters Inc ride was built, a smaller version of DCA's Cars Land was going to be built next to Pixar Place. That would've been three Pixar properties in a row... Now it's alllll Toy Story instead...

At least we're getting Star Wars too.

And who knows... some rumors are that Monsters Inc will be coming to the Animation Courtyard area after all this time anyway. So, that could be cool.

Until then... not many rides at the park. And there could've been one more than there is... but instead they just cloned the Mania track to get wait times down.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
That would have taken over only the soundstage where the third Toy Story Midway Mania track is now (with an extended roof to accommodate several stories of coaster track.) The land behind it where Toy Story Land is being built was an employee parking area and backstage structures until recently.

I think it would've been better to have gotten a different ride than just a third Toy Story track... at the time. Now all bets are off and it's all Toy Story.

Rumors were that after the Monsters Inc ride was built, a smaller version of DCA's Cars Land was going to be built next to Pixar Place. That would've been three Pixar properties in a row... Now it's alllll Toy Story instead...

At least we're getting Star Wars too.

And who knows... some rumors are that Monsters Inc will be coming to the Animation Courtyard area after all this time anyway. So, that could be cool.

Until then... not many rides at the park. And there could've been one more than there is... but instead they just cloned the Mania track to get wait times down.

Okay, I would have liked that idea. I'm still hoping that Cars comes to the parks someday. Probably too similar to Test Track though.