Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Quote on Slink Dog Coaster ride time is approximately 50 seconds. That was on Magic but I forget who said it. Still, that seems about right in looking at the ride path and the lack of a lift hill to stretch out the time.

Quote on Slink Dog Coaster ride time is approximately 50 seconds. That was on Magic but I forget who said it. Still, that seems about right in looking at the ride path and the lack of a lift hill to stretch out the time.
Sounds about right. That track is short for a coaster, even one that's not especially speedy.

Reactions: SkiBum
I've heard closer to 1:30, but wouldn't surprise me if it was shorter. Lack of lift hills + two launches will keep a coasters ride time low. Capacity should be a joke for this, too.

Even if this demographic isn't necessarily going to spend much time in TSL, I can see families spending quite a bit of time there with the land technically having three rides (and all will have a 38" height requirement or lower). If you don't plan out FPs, you'll probably have to wait 2-3 hours for Slinky, 2 hours for TSMM and then 60-90 mins for Saucers next year :lol:

Still bitter that this land took up so much valuable space though. They could have done so much more than a throwaway land like TSL.

Reactions: SkiBum and Mad Dog
I've heard closer to 1:30, but wouldn't surprise me if it was shorter. Lack of lift hills + two launches will keep a coasters ride time low. Capacity should be a joke for this, too.

Even if this demographic isn't necessarily going to spend much time in TSL, I can see families spending quite a bit of time there with the land technically having three rides (and all will have a 38" height requirement or lower). If you don't plan out FPs, you'll probably have to wait 2-3 hours for Slinky, 2 hours for TSMM and then 60-90 mins for Saucers next year :lol:

Still bitter that this land took up so much valuable space though. They could have done so much more than a throwaway land like TSL.
With six hours spent in TSL alone, guess that finally makes DHS a full day park.

With six hours spent in TSL alone, guess that finally makes DHS a full day park.
Well, I mean you can spend a full day at DHS now without running out of things if you really do everything. Until SW:GE and Mickey open though, DHS still isn't close to a full day. And even then it needs more.

Well, I mean you can spend a full day at DHS now without running out of things if you really do everything. Until SW:GE and Mickey open though, DHS still isn't close to a full day. And even then it needs more.
I know I was being facetious. :D

It's a start though. I'm looking forward to Slinky, finally a coaster my fiance is not afraid to ride. She actually likes Goofy's Barnstormer, and that's super short, so this'll at least be a step up from that. We like Seven Drawfs Mine Train too, but will only ride if we get a FP. I'm thinking Slink will be a similar situation.

Reactions: Coasted
Weird sponsorship IMO. Nothing more I want on 100 degree heat than a cheese circle.

Pretty much the same thing.
its-so-hot-milk-was-a-bad-choice.jpg

Reactions: Andysol and Alicia
If it was Woody's Lunch Box, wouldn't it be extremely small? Like, shouldn't it be Andy's Lunch Box?

Am I caring too much?
I think it’s more a Lunch Box with Woody on it, but yea, I see what you mean.

Perhaps it’s meant to invoke “Woody’s Round-Up” in some way?

Reactions: Jones14
I think it’s more a Lunch Box with Woody on it, but yea, I see what you mean.

Perhaps it’s meant to invoke “Woody’s Round-Up” in some way?
I think it’s supposed to be in the world of Toy Story. When Andy’s mom (probably) bought him the lunchbox, she bought the “Woody’s Lunchbox” set, and it’s named accordingly.

Reactions: Alicia and fryoj