Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

A born Imagineer prodigy. :thumbsup:

Did you use the launch towers or unfinished coasters as ways to remove guests? I would do that occasionally. I would also drop them into ponds or follow them around to see the funny comments, "I feel like I'm being watched."

I have a weird sense of humor.

Something I noticed when at DHS recently and was looking at the TSL model - the props that are in the concept art for the back half of the ride are suspiciously missing in the model:

Look towards the back where the Slinky RV is going over the bunny hops. In the concept art, there was another Jenga tower, but in the model, nothing. This thing is gonna be so blah. Even for a kids coaster, you expect more from Disney.
toy-story-land-model-11.jpg

it seems the "thrill" is going to be the launch up the lift hill, rather than the decline from the lift hill. will be fine for kids, but yeah, was hoping for a sharper decline.

On a random note, do you guys reckon that this will be open by the 8th August, provided that there are no major delays? Because that is when my family and I are headed for Florida. Even though it's a family ride, I really want to get on Slinky Dog Dash, as it will be my first experience of a Mack launch if we don't go to Blackpool in 2018, even though Slinky Dog is vastly different to Mack's Megacoasters.

On a random note, do you guys reckon that this will be open by the 8th August, provided that there are no major delays? Because that is when my family and I are headed for Florida. Even though it's a family ride, I really want to get on Slinky Dog Dash, as it will be my first experience of a Mack launch if we don't go to Blackpool in 2018, even though Slinky Dog is vastly different to Mack's Megacoasters.
I'd take that bet, but I only know the typical opening period for summer attractions, nothing on the inside.

I think things are looking very much in your favour. Just the theming to go and since they’ve cut back so drastically on it, they don’t have much to do.

Grand Opening is being aimed for May 25th (Memorial Day) with 1-2 months of soft openings. I'd be surprised if the area isn't open for Easter crowds.