Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not hating on Pandora, I just don't think it achieves the amount of kinetic energy that Cars Land has. It is more immersive however since at Cars Land you can see ToT. A small new expansion should help.

Back to TSL, I think people are underestimating the immersion level of this land as those fences and thick foliage should help hide SWL and any backstage buildings.
The little details will be nice, but as i've said, the land shouldn't be taking up 11 acres.

Hahahahahahahahahaha
I'd put money on a third ride getting tossed, but the TSR happening, along with another store.

Back to TSL, I think people are underestimating the immersion level of this land as those fences and thick foliage should help hide SWL and any backstage buildings.
I don't think the concern is about immersion but more about what other elements/rides they could have added to make the space feel more "used".
On the flip side of that argument, if they had put the RC ride and parachute drop from DLP I am sure many would have panned the land for being too cookie cutter and having carnival type rides.

Because it's super expensive, and considering it hasn't be cloned anywhere I'm willing to bet it hasn't generated revenue to make up for how expensive it is.

I'm just amazed that Disney somehow made a cheap land look even cheaper. It does not inspire confidence in the "big" projects coming

TSL is aimed at kids, I think Disney know they can get away with a cheaper looking land and still have the same effect. Star Wars won't have that luxury, especially considering the what the fan base is like.

Reactions: alomar and Mad Dog
I'm just amazed that Disney somehow made a cheap land look even cheaper. It does not inspire confidence in the "big" projects coming
Sorry to tell you that you could build a Hogsmeade or two for the money it's costing to build this land.

Reportedly the budget is over $300M. SWL will be more expensive than Pandora.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Sorry to tell you that you could build a Hogsmeade or two for the money it's costing to build this land.

Reportedly the budget is over $300M. SWL will be more expensive than Pandora.
TSL originally had a budget of $450M. After the cutting, they got it down to $250M.

And they have gone over budget and headed towards $300M (not quite there yet).

Hogsmeade was $165M

Pandora is beautiful to look at.. and sadly, I know more guests who have visited it and have NOT ridden Flight of Passage than have. The capacity is awful when it has theaters down and the wait times have been too prohibitive. Not that it's theoretical capacity was that high to begin with.

Toy Story Land should at least get some visitors on its attractions, yes?

Pandora is beautiful to look at.. and sadly, I know more guests who have visited it and have NOT ridden Flight of Passage than have. The capacity is awful when it has theaters down and the wait times have been too prohibitive. Not that it's theoretical capacity was that high to begin with.

Toy Story Land should at least get some visitors on its attractions, yes?
Slinky will likely have insane waits this summer based on what seems to be a fairly mediocre to low capacity. I would be willing to bet it will have the longest wait in the park.

Swirling Saucers will likely have lines around the 45-60 min wait time if I were to guess. At least over the first summer.

TSMM should continue to keep lower wait times than it used to since it has the third track.

The extra guest space that opening TSL provides will serve DHS well though and possibly relieve RNRC of some stress.

But, the offshoot though is that DHS will probably experience increased attendance. TSL isn't impressive to us but the Disney moms and kids will flock to it.Toy Story is extremely popular with young kids and their parents. It may well end up causing an increase in wait times for the few existing rides in DHS.

Reactions: Andysol and UNIrd
But, the offshoot though is that DHS will probably experience increased attendance. TSL isn't impressive to us but the Disney moms and kids will flock to it.Toy Story is extremely popular with young kids and their parents. It may well end up causing an increase in wait times for the few existing rides in DHS.

Yup. First new rides in a decade and low capacity ones at that apparently so... more proof that Disney DGAF.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Not to mention literally half of the park's rides are gonna be in TSL when it opens... it's not gonna be pretty.
If you think it's gonna be ugly this summer, wait until SW:GE opens. Sure, there will be 3 new rides open by that time, but the crowds that SW:GE will bring will completely overwhelm TSL.

I hope that once TSL opens, either Voyage of the LM or the BatB show go down for a new show. Preferably both. And Fantasmic! getting a true update like Disneyland wouldn't hurt either.

Slinky will likely have insane waits this summer based on what seems to be a fairly mediocre to low capacity. I would be willing to bet it will have the longest wait in the park.
So I will take that as Slinky Dog is one of the rides at DHS that I should get a Fastpass for, with the other two being Rock'n'Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.

On a side note, what sort of capacity do you class as mediocre? Below 1000pph?

I have to say, I think Slinky looks like a nice little kids' launch coaster. It looks quite long for a kids ride, as well!

Most of the newer Universal stuff, except for the retrofit Despicable Me (& not sure on Fallon), is in the 1900 to 2400 an hour capacity class. Disney should have done the same.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Most of the newer Universal stuff, except for the retrofit Despicable Me (& not sure on Fallon), is in the 1900 to 2400 an hour capacity class. Disney should have done the same.
It's an interesting clash of philosophies...Universal wants to push people through and not have them wait too long...Disney seems to care less haha

Fallon seems lower (and GOSH loading seems to take so long because of those seatbelts) but they introduced Virtual Queue in anticipation of it. I would add Virtual Queue to Minion Mayhem before Fast & Furious as Kong's line moves at a decent pace but I'm guessing the attraction was purpose-built to not have standby lines or at least have standby lines longer than a certain amount of time.