Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disney was too cheap to actually build a gift shop in TSL, so it looks like they're just converting a store on the complete opposite side of the park to act as a Toy Story store. Makes perfect Disney sense.

RUMOR: Sweet Spells at Disney's Hollywood Studios to Close in February in Favor of Toy Story Store - WDW News Today
I swear if we lose the Whoopie Pies...
98352E09-CF67-4D46-AE24-189740824C94.jpeg

So, if you’re keeping track:

Writers Stop closed so Carrot Cake cookie moves to Starring Rolls

Starring Rolls closed so Carrot Cake cookie moved to Sweet Spells

If Sweet Spells closes Carrot Cake cookie moves to Trolley Car Cafe (Starbucks)

And the line for Starbucks GROWS.

Reactions: Coasted and Nick
Disney was too cheap to actually build a gift shop in TSL, so it looks like they're just converting a store on the complete opposite side of the park to act as a Toy Story store. Makes perfect Disney sense.

RUMOR: Sweet Spells at Disney's Hollywood Studios to Close in February in Favor of Toy Story Store - WDW News Today

Okay, whatever low expectations I had for this land just went out the window. That makes zero sense. It's like Busch Gardens putting the Sheikra gift shop near Montu.

Total missed opportunity for Big Al’s Toy Barn IMO, it cant be that much more to add that to the land. This cut along with the western themed area is mildly baffling and I don’t think I’ll ever understand the bean counters strategy vs impressive/immersive themed lands.

Okay, whatever low expectations I had for this land just went out the window. That makes zero sense. It's like Busch Gardens putting the Sheikra gift shop near Montu.
Total missed opportunity for Big Al’s Toy Barn IMO, it cant be that much more to add that to the land. This cut along with the western themed area is mildly baffling and I don’t think I’ll ever understand the bean counters strategy vs impressive/immersive themed lands.
I really have to wonder how long it will take them to realize that they are leaving money on the table by not having a true gift shop within the land. I could easily see them doing a small "expansion" where they build a shop of some sort. Maybe they could add a little more flair and announce a new themed flat ride for the land to provide extra capacity.

Eh, probably not.

So I never actually fully looked at those Park Pass aerials until today. A few interesting things of note (they got some angles we've yet to see yet during this project):

Slight peek inside the Slink load station:
tsl5.jpg

Progress on the entrance to the land... looks like concrete prep was beginning when these were taken.
tsl31.jpg

Could that entrance look any less tacky?

This will still more than likely be the best addition to Orlando this year, but there's really nothing to get excited about. Too bad Mickey couldn't be fast-tracked.

Reactions: Scott W.
Could that entrance look any less tacky?

This will still more than likely be the best addition to Orlando this year, but there's really nothing to get excited about. Too bad Mickey couldn't be fast-tracked.

It’s a slow year no doubt about it but this is the calm before the storm.

I’d been put off visiting this year but when I add Avatar, F&F, Fallon, TSL and VB since my last trip, it’s a good time to visit.

It’s a slow year no doubt about it but this is the calm before the storm.

I’d been put off visiting this year but when I add Avatar, F&F, Fallon, TSL and VB since my last trip, it’s a good time to visit.
I'll be in Orlando in May. I'd like to go to Pandora, but the capacity issues with FOP & Navii River Journey are keeping the lines for both at two to three hours almost all the time. There's no way I'll stand in line that long for anything. Fast Passes are hard to get, even at 60 days out, and I'm not one to stand around while Alene has to keep refreshing her smartphone to try to luck one out.So there's no way I go to AK until the lines go down. DHS is still a mess, and TSL, while good for kids, doesn't entice me to attend. Plus I'm sure those lines will be insufferably long too. So it looks like I'll be at Universal for the entire vacation, though I might possibly venture up to MK for a day. The choice for me will be, do a day at MK or do a day at VB. Haven't decided yet.

And you'll get to see them lower crowds, comparatively.

It's kind of back to front that TSL will probably be quieter this year compared to next when the overflow from Star Wars extends to every area of DHS. Star Wars will be great but you can only spend so long in a single area of a park before venturing to others.
I'll be in Orlando in May. I'd like to go to Pandora, but the capacity issues with FOP & Navii River Journey are keeping the lines for both at two to three hours almost all the time. There's no way I'll stand in line that long for anything. Fast Passes are hard to get, even at 60 days out, and I'm not one to stand around while Alene has to keep refreshing her smartphone to try to luck one out.So there's no way I go to AK until the lines go down. DHS is still a mess, and TSL, while good for kids, doesn't entice me to attend. Plus I'm sure those lines will be insufferably long too. So it looks like I'll be at Universal for the entire vacation, though I might possibly venture up to MK for a day. The choice for me will be, do a day at MK or do a day at VB. Haven't decided yet.

I'll be searching daily for FP for FOP, I think I'll be spending a full day at AK and DHS compared to doing them both in a single day last time. To flesh the days out, I'll be heading to Sanaa at AK and the Boardwalk at DHS.

That's the current plan, I might still do a week at Univeral and 9 days at Disney. Caribbean Beach is coming in about 20% more than CBBR but if I can get free Disney Dining then it will make it worth it plus the $20 a day saving in parking. If I'm spending less time at Universal it might be worth having a look at Hard Rock or Portofino as the Express Pass justifies it. It's a big jump in price overall but I think the overall experience will be far superior.