Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A look at the seats inside the Slinky Dog Dash vehicles (via WDWMagic). Looks like another case of making the seats too small.
nCf9XfC.jpg
Yikes

Maybe i'm wrong, but it does look like the cushioning just simply isn't on yet. There's several noticeable holes that look like they could be for a cushion if you look at the picture again.

That's certainly possible. The upper holes definitely give that impression. The location of the lower holes are positioned more like drain holes than mounting holes. Also, the bottom looks shaped with a slight hump at the gap between the legs. You probably wouldn't do that if you were going to mount a cushion there. Could be an optical illusion though as theres some glare on the pic. But between the size an subtle clues, I wouldn't be surprised if there was no cushions added.

I believe it will not have a cushion and will just be the hard plastic that it looks like in the picture. 7DMT seats are wooden with no cushion unless it’s actually there and I never noticed. Edit: see attached picture.

seven-dwarfs.jpg

I am one of the few who is actually looking forward to this land. When I put on my kid goggles, if I had seen that adorable slinky train come around the corner when I was 7 I would have been so happy. As an adult, I want to stay as far away from DHS as possible. A couple summers ago we spent about 5 hours in the park and rode ToT and maybe TGMR. The line for RnR was never below 2 hours and crested in to 170-180 minute waits. Last summer we didn't even bother going there. I just don't think I can justify going to the hottest shade-free park with nothing to do until Star Wars opens. I guess I'll see Slink and the gang in 2 years.

Disney is doing some marketing hype for TSL with #FollowTheBall ... but why are they saying Something big is coming...? Unless they mean something else?

I don't think we should be expecting anything special come out of it. If there is anything special that isn't the already announced opening, then the other guess is new scenes being added into Toy Story Mania, with Orlando having exclusivity for a timed period.

Disney is doing some marketing hype for TSL with #FollowTheBall ... but why are they saying Something big is coming...? Unless they mean something else?
I wouldn’t expect anything that we don’t know about.

This is just Disney marketing the new land. Most people don’t know anything about Toy Story Land. They haven’t been following construction or heard the trickle of news.

As far as they know, Disney just made this land appear from thin air. The marketing campaign is to let people know that this land is about to open. There won’t be any surprises.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Alicia