Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think we should be expecting anything special come out of it. If there is anything special that isn't the already announced opening, then the other guess is new scenes being added into Toy Story Mania, with Orlando having exclusivity for a timed period.
I would say new scenes probably won't come until next year to coincide with TS4's release like they did for TS3.

Opens June 30th

The trailer ending with ‘Get ready to play big’ spoken over image of building blocks / sticks etc immediately implied a Boneyard / Honey Shrunk Kids play area!

Think Tapu Tapu / wait in Lazy River / Fallon type stands are ... The land could have had central play area to actually play until your Tapu Tapu standby wait time says go straight to the small ~10mins loading queue. Rather just standing in just standing in queue for two hours.

Interesting to note that, according to the VR version of slinky dog he rode, the train stops and pulls back in preparation for the second launch. I always assumed it’d plow right through. Well, it adds a few seconds to the ride :lol:

Also, I’ve never seen the concept art for the new Toy Story Mania entrance. It makes a lot more sense than the current facade, I actually really enjoy it (and the dropping of “Midway” which no one ever said anyway). And now that I’m thinking about it, the station being Andy’s bedroom doesn’t make sense if the whole land takes place in his backyard. I’m assuming Disney is just keeping the station theming anyway? It’s not like they haven’t cut corners anywhere else in the consistency or execution of the land lol

Reactions: Doug A.
The ride itself takes place under his bed too, so I don't think they will do much to the "theme" inside. However for the life of me I can't figure out how the new entrance will connect to the old one. Does anybody have a 3 track layout?

Reactions: ChristopherSE
The ride itself takes place under his bed too, so I don't think they will do much to the "theme" inside. However for the life of me I can't figure out how the new entrance will connect to the old one. Does anybody have a 3 track layout?
Basically, the current back wall to the main switch back room, where the Mr. Potato Head AA was, will be where the new entrance leads to. There’s no way to have the exit go back that way as well, so it is actually routed from its current location all the way around the outside of the building.

EDIT: To clarify, that exit may just be for the third track, like it currently exists. The plans and concept art are unclear. It is possible to have the two main tracks exit down a shorter path.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doug A. and Alicia