Toyz (HHN 2023) | Inside Universal Forums

Toyz (HHN 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Discuss

Located on New York Street, the “Toyz” scare zone dares guests to play in the toy box of terror where a wicked toymaker used dark magic to bring his evil toys to life.

Cool way to allow Chucky to be integrated as an interactive character while also conforming to a general theme. I'm very excited to see the costumes and how they may echo Orlando's very similar Zone a few years back (perhaps even the inclusion of an amputee actor for the porcelain doll they mention in the press blurb)

Cool way to allow Chucky to be integrated as an interactive character while also conforming to a general theme. I'm very excited to see the costumes and how they may echo Orlando's very similar Zone a few years back (perhaps even the inclusion of an amputee actor for the porcelain doll they mention in the press blurb)

To be clear, unless something recently changed, I don’t believe Chucky is part of this zone.

Reactions: mccgavin
Chucky will have an interactive photo op near the zone, connecting the zone to the character meet and greet thematically

I mean, he's got the boxes out on the little side path - but I don't want anyone to think there's going to be a Chucky puppet or something.

I mean, he's got the boxes out on the little side path - but I don't want anyone to think there's going to be a Chucky puppet or something.
Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure there will be an interactive element over there
CLARIFICATION: looks like this could be for the photo op itself and not for a performer (ie for the guest to walk through). We'll see if this is the case, or if something else may be hiding. Hope to see an interactive chucky again, perhaps in the location from 2019.

Chucky has his own house now. I seriously doubt he’s going to be interacting with guests.
I don't see why that would make that impossible or even unlikely. I have good word that Syfy and USA are going ham on synergistically connecting the park and the show. I expect more chucky representation in everything. Universal is really pushing for this to reignite the franchise's popularity amongst general audiences, so I would not snuff out the idea of an interactive character. Then again, what I heard about this was from a a month ago and things do change/rumors and scoops can be incorect so take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: chris.g
I don't see why that would make that impossible or even unlikely. I have good word that Syfy and USA are going ham on synergistically connecting the park and the show. I expect more chucky representation in everything. Universal is really pushing for this to reignite the franchise's popularity amongst general audiences, so I would not snuff out the idea of an interactive character. Then again, what I heard about this was from a a month ago and things do change/rumors and scoops can be incorect so take it with a grain of salt.
Chucky has, basically, a mini tribute store going on in half of the park’s Studio Store so it’s safe to say they are going all in with him.

Those boxes are interesting; they’re technically not part of the TOYZ zone from what I could tell, but it does look like one of the boxes has a false front that drops out that could be for a Chucky puppet, and another box is a cleverly disguised speaker.

Chucky has, basically, a mini tribute store going on in half of the park’s Studio Store so it’s safe to say they are going all in with him.

Those boxes are interesting; they’re technically not part of the TOYZ zone from what I could tell, but it does look like one of the boxes has a false front that drops out that could be for a Chucky puppet, and another box is a cleverly disguised speaker.
YEP. Thats what I was alluding to. Unless that window and door is for guest interaction and things have changed, I think they're looking to add some Chucky as one of the first things you see

Also remember, while the zone may not feature IP characters, it is clear they want some thematic continuity. They do this all the time. Why pay for Chucky to appear in a zone when you can have a standalone experience just steps away that's purely advertisement? Super excited to see what happens

Look, I'd be happy to be wrong, but I was under the impression this the same Chucky photo op we've seen in recent years. That one had a window and door, too.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case, but I also am confused why certain elements that are at the other ops, including signing and curtainage, have been MIA

So watching the Opening Scaremony for tonight, are they doing the opening scaremony multiple times a night like last year?