Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 212 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Update from today. Enjoy!

_MG_6722.jpg

_MG_6721.jpg

_MG_6720.jpg

_MG_6719.jpg

_MG_6718.jpg

_MG_6717.jpg

_MG_6702.jpg

_MG_6695.jpg

_MG_6694.jpg

_MG_6693.jpg

_MG_6692.jpg

_MG_6691.jpg

_MG_6683.jpg

_MG_6682.jpg

_MG_6681.jpg

_MG_6680.jpg

_MG_6679.jpg

_MG_6678.jpg

_MG_6677.jpg

_MG_6676.jpg

_MG_6675.jpg

_MG_6674.jpg

_MG_6672.jpg

_MG_6671.jpg

_MG_6670.jpg

_MG_6669.jpg

_MG_6668.jpg

_MG_6667.jpg

_MG_6666.jpg

_MG_6665.jpg

_MG_6664.jpg

_MG_6663.jpg

_MG_6662.jpg

_MG_6661.jpg

_MG_6660.jpg

_MG_6659.jpg

_MG_6658.jpg

_MG_6657.jpg

_MG_6656.jpg

_MG_6655.jpg

_MG_6654.jpg

Interior show scenes!

[video=youtube;nqQ4hwN_-Pg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqQ4hwN_-Pg[/video]

I think those are for the scenes around 2:00 or 3:10.

I swear guys, with this thing every day is like unwrapping a new christmas present. Seriously one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Anybody else thinking that the building will have walls by the beginning of next year?

I swear guys, with this thing every day is like unwrapping a new christmas present. Seriously one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Anybody else thinking that the building will have walls by the beginning of next year?

At the rate they are going, beginning of next month. :lol:

So watching the videos, I am a bit confused with the elevator system. Is going up the elevator supposed to simulate EVAC transforming into his robot mode? And then going back down is EVAC going back into car mode? And how fast does the elevator move the vehicle?

So watching the videos, I am a bit confused with the elevator system. Is going up the elevator supposed to simulate EVAC transforming into his robot mode? And then going back down is EVAC going back into car mode? And how fast does the elevator move the vehicle?

That would be cool and I wish that was the case but from everything I have read the elevators are swift yet smooth to where there is no real sensation or awareness of physically going up or down a lift shaft. Which is kind of funny for a ride vehicle that constantly creates the illusion of such. So I would say no but maybe someone who rode it felt that is what the ride was trying to convey there.

No, it's sole purpose is to transition between the 1st and 2nd floor during the "IMAX screen" scenes. You do not notice it unless you're peering out the side of the vehicle.

EVAC only partially transforms throughout the ride, and if he did a full transformation any passenger would get kicked out of him.

Transformers canon.

Transformers- The Ride 3D opens at Universal Orlando Su

Just came across this article. Even though it's old news, I thought it was interesting reading.

Transformers- The Ride 3D opens at Universal Orlando Summer 2013 from the BestofOrlando.com

As the ad slogan says, it's already been an "Extraordinary Year to Be Here" at the Universal Orlando Resort. What with "Despicable Me Minion Mayhem," "Universal's Superstar Parade" and "Universal's Cinematic Spectacular - 100 Years of Movie Memories" all coming online at Universal Studios Florida over the past 6 months. Not to mention, the enhancements to the Blue Man Group show, and the Hollywood Drive-In Mini-Golf courses, which opened at Universal CityWalk back in March.

But that's not enough for the folks at Universal Creative. They're determined to continue UOR's transformation, making it into Orlando's top multi-day destination resort. Which is why -- earlier this evening -- Universal Creative revealed that they had a wild new ride in the works for Universal Studios Orlando. "Transformers - The Ride 3D," the blockbuster mega-attraction which has been wowing Universal Studios Singapore guests since December of 2011 and impressing theme park goers at Universal Studios Hollywood since May of this year will be opening at Universal Studios Florida next summer.

"The decision to bring this ground-breaking attraction to Orlando was kind of a cumulative thing," admitted Mark Woodbury, President of Universal Creative. "We're always on the lookout for great new rides and shows to add to our Florida property. But as soon as we saw how Universal visitors were reacting to 'Transformers - The Ride 3D' in Singapore & Hollywood ... Well, we knew that we needed to find a way to bring this mega-attraction to Orlando."

The only problem is that there isn't a lot of available real estate inside of Universal Studios Florida. At least in parts of that theme park where it would make thematic sense to place a "Transformers" -based attraction in that area.

More to the point, Universal Studios is a theme park that's open 365 days a year with all sorts of after-hours hard ticket events like "Rock the Universe" and "Halloween Horror Nights" constantly going on. So how could Universal Creative build a mega-attraction like "Transformers -The Ride 3D" and keep the bulk of Universal Studios open for business?

"I will admit that there were some logistical and operational challenges. Especially since that the site that we selected for 'Transformers' was right where that theme park's New York Street meets up with Universal Studios Florida's lagoon. Which is a part of the studio that thousands of our guests walk through every day," Woodbury continued. "But we found a way to make it work. We put all of the necessary safety protocols so that construction could get underway and still have the smallest possible impact on the overall guest experience."

Indeed, once the construction fences went up in June and Soundstage 44 (home to USF's old "Murder She Wrote Mystery Theatre" show) was pulled down, the "Transformers - The Ride 3D" construction began work 24/7 with Universal Orlando employees periodically carefully guiding dump trucks full of debris up the street through crowds of tourists to USF's recreation of San Francisco, where these dump trucks would then exit that theme park while UOR employees would quickly sweep the streets around the construction sites to remove any & all traces of debris. It's been quite the impressive effort.

And speaking of impressive, wait until you see the entrance that Universal Creative has designed for USF's "Transformers - The Ride 3D." The front facade of this show building will face out onto Universal Studios Florida's lagoon and have this huge version of Optimus Prime looming over it.

For those who have been lucky enough to have already experienced the Universal Singapore and/or the Universal Hollywood versions of "Transformers - The Ride 3D," Mark promised that the Universal Orlando Resort will be getting the same great mega-attraction.

"USF's version of 'Transformers' will have a slightly different setting and some different aspects to its queue. But the overall ride experience will be the same," Woodbury stated. "That's why I can't wait for the Orlando version of 'Transformers - The Ride 3D' to open. So that I can then stand in that attraction's off-load area and watch as USF guests come off of their ride vehicles with the same exact look of awe that I saw back in Hollywood and Singapore."

Mind you, give Orlando's changeable weather and the impact that might possibly change the construction schedule of "Transformers - The Ride,” Mark didn't really want to be pinned down when it came to an exact opening date. All that Woodbury would say is that he anticipated that Universal Orlando guests would be able to begin experiencing this mega-attraction by the Late Spring / Early Summer of 2013.

And just so you know: Universal isn't quite through with adding and improving Universal Studios Florida. As those huge construction cranes that continue to loom over the corner of this theme park which used to be home to "Jaws: The Ride" will attest to, there's another mega-attraction in Universal's future.

"I wish I could talk about that project," Woodbury sighed. "But I can't. Maybe next time."

Quickly changing the subject, Mark circled back on "Transformers - The Ride 3D" and how this mega-attraction demonstrates Universal’s commitment to constantly be upgrading & improving its two Florida theme parks.

"That's our main focus these days. Making sure that -- every time people visit Universal Orlando -- that there's something new to see & experience at the Resort. Or that we've done something like plussing one of Islands of Adventure's most popular attractions, 'The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man' by redoing all of the film elements in hi-def animation and then projecting them digitally," Woodbury concluded. "Building a mega-attraction like 'Transformers - The Ride 3D' right in the middle of USF just demonstrates our commitment to always keep our Florida parks fresh and new."

Look for future articles about the new Universal Studios ride here on the Best of Orlando blog as we get closer to the official opening date of "Transformers - The Ride 3D”.

By Jim Hill, Special to BestofOrlando.com

Orlando, FL - 11/01/12

The front facade of this show building will face out onto Universal Studios Florida's lagoon and have this huge version of Optimus Prime looming over it.

Sounds like the proposed USH facade.

- - - Updated - - -

The front facade of this show building will face out onto Universal Studios Florida's lagoon and have this huge version of Optimus Prime looming over it.

Sounds like the proposed USH facade.

Great update, HTF! :rep:

In the following photo, I'm guessing that the ground level structure that juts off of the slanted corner of the building is just more queue space? :shrug:

IMG_8080-1.jpg

Entrance from what I'm told with Optimus chilling on top of it