Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 473 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
You know, there is someing I just don't like about it. Can't put my finger on it but something's not quite right IMO.

I'm with you Bob. The figure itself looks great, but the stance just feels.....off. It looks like he should be clutching a Coach handbag in that nonpointing hand. Hopefully it's the angle or framing of the picture, and we'll change our minds with more views.

Although the statue itself is a magnificent piece of craftsmanship, to me the problem lies with the facade existing as a random collection of objects and graphics- with very few of the components integrating well with the building itself. Perhaps if OP's dynamic stance expressed some kind of interaction with the structure (grasping hold of the entrance sign/steel side bars etc), it's sparse and perfectly central positioning wouldn't seem so awkward.

Nonetheless, THAT'S ONE AWESOME LOOKING FIGURE! Where can I get myself one? ;)

Um...was expecting something a little more uhh...bad ass? The model looks good, but wtf is he pointing at? Expected him to be holding some sort of fire arm as well, but maybe that isn't "PC". I guess I just expected something more "action oriented" or aggressive looking, instead it looks like Optimus is pointing where the bathrooms are. It also seems to kind of stand out due to how bland the building looks behind him.

I guess I can't complain too much, just pictured something a little more exciting.

- - - Updated - - -

can someone post the OI Twitter pics? Its blocked at work

Dang OP is bigger than I expected, that's awesome! I am hoping to make it out tomorrow for softs, the wife and I will definitely be in the park tomorrow, holla at me if ya see me, like meeting my OU peeps.

This is probably my favorite from Orlando Informer:

BLg-TXUCUAAZEdU.jpg:large

Also, plenty more pics on their twitter page: https://twitter.com/OrlandoInformer

- - - Updated - - -

Sooooo is this really gonna end up being an animontronic like the rumors said or did it turn out to be fake after all? :lol:
I feel like if it was an animatronic, it would be in some sort of reset position, not actually posing like he is.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Sooooo is this really gonna end up being an animontronic like the rumors said or did it turn out to be fake after all? :lol:

From HTF's article:

The bad news is that there isn’t an AA from what I’ve been told.

Now, as for the Optimus figure, he is scheduled for installation after park hours May 27-30th. From what I’ve been told he is a static figure and will have glowing eyes and an independent light package separate from the warehouse system.

http://orlandounited.com/2013/05/20/words-of-hatetofly-rumor-round-up/