Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 474 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Sooooo is this really gonna end up being an animontronic like the rumors said or did it turn out to be fake after all? :lol:

From HTF's Rumor Roundup:

...The bad news is that there isn’t an AA from what I’ve been told...Now, as for the Optimus figure, he is scheduled for installation after park hours May 27-30th. From what I’ve been told he is a static figure and will have glowing eyes and an independent light package separate from the warehouse system.

EDIT: Curse you and your lightning quickness Tbad! :saw:

BB_Vert_1_tcm13-33259.jpg

Some pics on the site (like this one) are reversed but yeah, same pose we've been seeing all along. Good catch

PS Disney point OP?! o_O

Well they said that OP would be guarding the entrance. I guess he wouldn't exactly be in a battle stance quite yet if he was just being a guard. Now he's just kinda like "Yo, Bee. Go cover that area over there (pointing)" I think he's bada** myself.

Thank you very much for the picture!! :rep:

And thanks OrlandoInformer for all your pics and the video, as well!!

I think it looks awesome, but I agree that the pose is not the best. I would have preferred something that showed a bit of a connection or interaction with the guests, not just pointing off into the distance. Maybe crouching and looking down at us, or even something more of a battle or on-guard pose. But other than that, it looks massive and really impressive! :thumbs:

Yeah, I can't say that I'm a huge fan of the statue either. I would've enjoyed a stance more along the lines of Singapore's facade:

transformers-the-ride-at-universal-studios-singapore-big.jpg

Either way, I'm sure it'll grow on me.

I agree with those who don't care for the pose. It's too classical, too praxitelean. I liked the idea of a crouching, looking down at the visiting crowds idea better.

I enjoy the vocabulary I learn from your posts Teebin... keep it up!

I agree with those who don't care for the pose. It's too classical, too praxitelean. I liked the idea of a crouching, looking down at the visiting crowds idea better.

this is kinda what I was expecting...OP hunched down "viewing" the humans down below..although it would have been a much smaller statue if they did that.

this is kinda what I was expecting...OP hunched down "viewing" the humans down below..although it would have been a much smaller statue if they did that.

But in the movies he never really looked down upon humans, so having a statue of him doing that doesn't seem to fit his personality either.

Now that he's finally up I thought I'd share my verbal description of Optimus I gave to Brian, Drew, and Tyler (Tbad) from some time ago. I think I did pretty decent :lol:

Got to see Optimus finally and from what I saw there isn't any moving parts. Optimus is massive and will stand directly above the Transformers sign. His lower half will be slightly angled to "his" left. His left leg will be slightly bent at the knee and his right leg will be bent back a little bit as if he was stopped in motion from taking a step. His top half will look straight out as if he turned his upper body towards the crowd. His right arm will be pointed in the direction of Beetleguese and his left arm will run down his side and bent at the elbow with his sword protruding from his arm. Hope that gives you guys a visual of what I was able to see.

I think they got his inspiration from the new Springfield area..I immediately thought this in my head and had to put it on paper for everyone to see what I mean

8892139528_db926eb6de_b.jpg