Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 517 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
I heard that they sometimes would shut it down on purpose to test safety procedures with people in line and on the ride during the softs.

Can anybody confirm this?

This kind of makes sense. But I doubt they would purposefully "shut down" for an hour or more though. A brief delay here & there that's only 10 minutes or so wouldn't be so bad, & would barely be noticeable.

The ride is operating as if it is officially open. They open and close it with the park and handle downtimes the same way as if they would after grand opening. Any testing is done overnight.

Express will probably open with the ride. Guests will want to buy an express pass with a 3 hour wait they would be missing out on revenue if they didn't. Maybe not opening day but very soon after.

They better have Express on Kang and Kodos and Transformers by end of July/beginning of August when we visit. We have one whole day to visit both parks with an unlimited Express Pass. If they don't, we will have to pick between FJ and T, and you guys know which one well will choose. (Forbidden Journey, in case it wasn't obvious)

Today around 4pm, they were doing a Mandatory Evacuation of the Queue. I rode it with Express at 8pm, and the only thing not working was fog. No fog effects at all were being used, other than that, it was great!

In the very first scene, before you turn to face the 1st 3d screen, look carefully at the garage door to your right. There are small circular holes in the wall that are supposed to flash to simulate bullet hits. The audio effect is on the soundtrack but the lights weren't working last time I rode. It's a minor effect but adds visual interest to the opening seconds.

I noticed the white light in the bullet holes two of the times I rode so the effect is there and can work, but I really did not notice the lights flash on most of the times I rode (Thurs and Fri).

Forget about running Express smoothly, how about the ride itself? Can anyone confirm if they have been having less & less ride down times? I hope so, & if not, they only have four days left to iron everything out, as having a "brief delay" that lasts an hour, wont be good for the grand opening.

We were there for the pass holder previews on Thurs and Fri. Thursday, it was open every time we went by. On Friday, we rode twice, went to go eat breakfast up at the front of the park....when we came back by around 9:30 or so, the ride was down. I have no idea how long it was closed for as we did other stuff, went over to IOA...when we came back in the afternoon, it was up and running.

i9yb9PCdBPpFI.jpg

wow, that "door" overhang is even worse, aren't the creative-types aware of how dumb it looks?

So what time should I plan to arrive on Thursday for the opening ceremonies? Will it be like Star Wars Weekends and I should show up at 5am to get in line or will I be better off arriving between 7-8am?

I heard that they sometimes would shut it down on purpose to test safety procedures with people in line and on the ride during the softs.

Can anybody confirm this?
This kind of makes sense. But I doubt they would purposefully "shut down" for an hour or more though. A brief delay here & there that's only 10 minutes or so wouldn't be so bad, & would barely be noticeable.

This is something they did during TM previews. And something that happens every now and then during guest previews (although it is rare).