Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 518 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Optimus Prime and Bumblebee were out today.
346or4p.jpg

So awesome.

With the conversation about Bumblebee's make, I was going to ask about what truck Optimus is modeled after. But i figured I would just look it up for myself lol. I thought it was pretty interesting, In case anyone was curious, he's modeled after a Peterbilt 379 (in the MichaelBay films at least). Below is a link to some more info.

I never really quote wiki, but it seems to be the most inclusive article, and the info checks out with other sites.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterbilt_379

^ Aaah... complete sentences are very helpful. So, "screen used" in this case means "the car and truck are actual props used in the movies". Wild that all of this stuff is hauled all the way across the country just for these little stints. Reminds me of the Knight bus being shipped all the way from GB, only to have to be duplicated for permanent display four years later.

Last edited:
You know what would be cool, if during the opening ceremony/attack what ever they have flying over, come across the lagoon shooting (blanks or whatever special effect they use) all while using the Cinematic fountains to simulate bullets hitting the water with real quick short bursts. Im just picturing an invasion starting over MIB flying towards TF in my mind.