TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The cool part about TRON compared to pretty much all other on-going Disney projects is that there's no hiding this. We should eventually be able to easily see this both from within the park and out on the road where this was taken (headed back towards MK cast parking).

I think this shows the commitment to the final product that they're prepared to shatter the illusion of the park for something so major.

When this was built in Shanghai, was the coaster or building built first?

I think this shows the commitment to the final product that they're prepared to shatter the illusion of the park for something so major.

When this was built in Shanghai, was the coaster or building built first?
Coaster. I'll try to find pics, but most of them were very grainy if I remember.

@scott_walker - Here's a picture of Tron construction in Shanghai.

February 2, 2014
1271725_651693318207809_266068031_o.jpg

February 25, 2014:
_R06Tg_SMOaKHeDl9PfdeIZdReeH-JJaTOu0o6677pL77vAWFgNDTJOlbr_BigN3PBAIgqQL2rfKTSsut1gvZ-jdMketCD-_A6rWIt2mghPm-kKE2GjPeJ9LYzjMj_XUmvGfRqy7TNY82ouY5KZc_nRswfaFPcNxZEp2Blxr9P8B2ZPo=s0-d

Thank goodness for People Mover to see Tron and Monorail to see Guardians construction.
Yeah, it's been a bit of a struggle with Pandora, TSL and SWL. :lol:

Trying to get peeks at those from inside the park was/has been next to impossible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coasted
I believe the big square show building will block the edge of the MK for the most part, backing up to the perimeter road just like in Shanghai.

Google Maps
Yes, once built, the warehouse building that the coaster will be in will be up against the road. It won't have a 360 degree themed facade like it's neighbor Space Mountain or Tower of Terror. It will have the light-up canopy and the attraction signage.

From the peoplemover, the show building behind the canopy will likely be really exposed as it isn't meant to be seen from that elevation.

If done right it will be just like Splash where you really don't know there's a show building behind the facade and it blocks the view outside the park (mostly): Google Maps

When I went last week there was a lot of land clearing and looked like initial supports could be going in in the next couple of weeks

I don't think they're anywhere near ready to install supports. There's a lot of land preparation for the show building still to be done.

Anyone else worried in the slightest that, aside from tree clearing, there's been no movement on this project? With the impending FOX acquisition, I wouldn't put it past Disney to put the kibosh on the whole thing. This is slated to cost them close to as much as GotG is as a clone.

Anyone else worried in the slightest that, aside from tree clearing, there's been no movement on this project? With the impending FOX acquisition, I wouldn't put it past Disney to put the kibosh on the whole thing. This is slated to cost them close to as much as GotG is as a clone.

I just can't see this being cancelled unless they've discovered that the land it's being built on is unfeasible. The Main Street Theatre being cancelled is one thing but this has been hyped up too much and would leave the MK with nothing new for the 50th.

Would not surprise me at all, honestly. Over-promise/under-deliver seems to be Disney's M.O. recently, imo.

I just can't see this being cancelled unless they've discovered that the land it's being built on is unfeasible. The Main Street Theatre being cancelled is one thing but this has been hyped up too much and would leave the MK with nothing new for the 50th.
I really don't believe they'd care if it saved them money if Fox deal goes through.

Edit: I'd love to be proven wrong, btw, as to not sound too cynical.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkiBum