Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TRON Lightcycle Run

No I get that I was just voicing my disgust for it is all. I know that Disney isn’t exactly listening yet for some reason I feel that calling them out for questionable timelines and budgets may some how make a difference. Fingers crossed I can make a change
Maybe you will or maybe you won’t but it seems like they have been doing things a particular way for a long time and ain’t changing anytime soon.

Arriving late to the discussion...

Anyways, it is well known that Disney likes to spread capex over as many quarters as they can in order to keep stock price high. It is a new world, where Imagineers have to answer to short term gains.

This is no mystery; it is fact. And it is why WDW takes so long to build things

Just FYI building a pool also requires multiple contractors- masonry, steel and shotcrete, electrical, plumbing, tile, gas, plaster and more dependending on rock work(only ever worked with real), specified molds(slides, rivers) etc. All while scheduling around specific building progression.

Building is building and all building is very similar it is merely the size and scope that changes but the process is the same. Planning, designing, engineering, permits, grading, structure, etc.

As for this specific project please see @Disneyhead he sums it up quite well.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the whole thing is ridiculous as well but I’m assuming there is a valid reason for the madness.

Disney has a formula. Attractions costs are spread out as much as possible. Resorts are built quickly because the ROI starts happening as soon as it's open and easier to quantify. Riviera and the new Coronado tower have gone up quickly.

WDW has problems justifying attraction cost because usually new attractions just cannibalize their other parks attendance numbers. Like Everest increased DAK's numbers at the expense of DHS and Epcot's numbers.

It all makes sense, but it's frustrating to watch.

Last edited:
I just think with Tron and GotG it is simply they want them as new offerings for The 50th Anniversary. They have SW:GE and Mickey's for 2019. Ratatouille for 2020, and GotG and Tron for 2021. I also think that DHS and DAK will also have new things for the 50th. @Marni1971 is implying that after SW:GE opens the Mermaid show at DHS goes down for replacement. I have no clue what DAK's 50th offering will be.

I just think with Tron and GotG it is simply they want them as new offerings for The 50th Anniversary. They have SW:GE and Mickey's for 2019. Ratatouille for 2020, and GotG and Tron for 2021. I also think that DHS and DAK will also have new things for the 50th. @Marni1971 is implying that after SW:GE opens the Mermaid show at DHS goes down for replacement. I have no clue what DAK's 50th offering will be.
giphy.gif

It's getting a bit late... considering Disney construction schedules, no way can I see anything for IJ finished for the 50th. At least not anything significant.
Agreed. Something on the same level as Donald's Dino Bash being thrown together at the last minute is the most I expect. Maybe some new additions, floats, or story tweaks to Rivers of Light, maybe. But with all the attention the park received in recent years, there's no way they get a new attraction for the 50th.

Agreed. Something on the same level as Donald's Dino Bash being thrown together at the last minute is the most I expect. Maybe some new additions, floats, or story tweaks to Rivers of Light, maybe. But with all the attention the park received in recent years, there's no way they get a new attraction for the 50th.

Wonder if they'd bring a parade back to the park or something.

I also hate the idea of IJA in DAK. Just does not fit, and DHS is still going to need more stuff added post SW
Whatever comes will not be IJA. Well I guess Dinosaur would be a knockoff version, but the land would have a true E-Ticket as well.

That said, I agree that IJ belongs in DHS.

I have heard that the park will get something, but if it's a ride it needs to start incredibly soon. It's not too late for a ride - hell, TRON hasn't actually gone vertical yet. But that said, expecting a new ride is probably unrealistic at best.

I expect something along the lines of a Pandora expansion that would add a Table Service to the land and for that to be the extent of it.

The AK parade was the only parade at Disney that I would stop to watch... I marveled at the seeming old world creativity of it.
They had to stop that parade as Pandora construction cut off access to the parade barn. I'm not sure what the situation is now or if they could make it work (I assume they could), but ability to do something and the want to do something are completely different things.

I have heard that the park will get something, but if it's a ride it needs to start incredibly soon. It's not too late for a ride - hell, TRON hasn't actually gone vertical yet. But that said, expecting a new ride is probably unrealistic at best.

I expect something along the lines of a Pandora expansion that would add a Table Service to the land and for that to be the extent of it.

I'd love to see them add a JUNGLE BOOK dark ride to Asia. 4 - 5 minutes long, nothing terribly elaborate. That feels like something they could pull off by the 50th if they started next year.

I'd love to see them add a JUNGLE BOOK dark ride to Asia. 4 - 5 minutes long, nothing terribly elaborate. That feels like something they could pull off by the 50th if they started next year.
And Asia has plenty of expansion space. I expect whatever the next big project at DAK is to either take over Rafiki's or Dinoland though. I'm hoping it's the former.

Anyway... we have a DAK sub-forum. Let's bring this back around to TRON.

And Asia has plenty of expansion space. I expect whatever the next big project at DAK is to either take over Rafiki's or Dinoland though. I'm hoping it's the former.
They have a Jungle Book ride concept. It is the exact opposite of not elaborate.

They have a Jungle Book ride concept. It is the exact opposite of not elaborate.
I should preface that if it's only a singular ride and not a whole land redo like Indy was rumored to be, then it's still technically doable. I just doen't see it happening, especially when they could just hold it off for a year or two later when they don't have an anniversary promotion.