TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Correct. Coaster supports are designed to give/sway slightly under pressure to keep stress to a minimum. Rigidity + Stress = Things Breaking Apart.

So coaster supports don’t interact significantly with other structures (like buildings), because the stress would then be distributed to the building, which would likely crack.

that makes sense, although maybe other large show elements are attached, which is why it needed to be enclosed first?

The torn down Trees and fog makes this look like something out of an apocalyptic movie. But look at that tower crane starting to form! from @bioreconstruct:
DyfZjNqXgAADDf_.jpg

Last edited:
The pour is not done. That's only about half... I think. Actually, i'm not completely sure tbh. Ignore this post. :lol:

Funny thing is that you’re partially right. The pad is only about a fifth of the way there for what the show building will stand on. The exterior portion will jut out closer to the park and will not have a concrete pad.

Something very roughly like this :

cNolRzY_d.jpg

Last edited:
Funny thing is that you’re partially right. The pad is only about a fifth of the way there for what the show building will stand on. The exterior portion will jut out closer to the park and will not have a concrete pad.

Something very roughly like this :

cNolRzY_d.jpg
Very helpful seeing that. I figured based on the way they are moving dirt (and what I know of the coaster) that the pad was roughly half finished. What was throwing me off is where the tower crane is being built. The tower crane is being built where the pad will extend out to, no? What is the sense in building the crane there?

Here's one more that shows a great look at the completed concrete work and beginnings of the Tower crane:

Reactions: tankart150
Because my drawing really isn’t to scale and I imagine the coaster will actually go further into the park than what I drew, which would effectly put the tower crane at the center point of the build. And remember that in addition to the show building there’s also the futuristic canopy that goes over the exterior portion of the ride.

That would actually make sense having the crane in the center for the duration of the build. It would be rather easy to close up the hole that it takes up when the time comes. Will this coaster be installed before the building goes vertical or after like guardians? Am I correct in assuming that this will be a dual load/unload set up? Sorry if that’s already been answered I couldn’t remember if it was discussed.

That would actually make sense having the crane in the center for the duration of the build. It would be rather easy to close up the hole that it takes up when the time comes. Will this coaster be installed before the building goes vertical or after like guardians? Am I correct in assuming that this will be a dual load/unload set up? Sorry if that’s already been answered I couldn’t remember if it was discussed.
Shanghai built the coaster first and then enclosed, but they may choose another method here. As for dual load/unload, it will be like Big Thunder Mountain. Only one track, but two load sides, one loads while the other unloads and vice versa.

This is Shanghai during construction:
tron-ride-construction-2.jpg

Shanghai built the coaster first and then enclosed, but they may choose another method here. As for dual load/unload, it will be like Big Thunder Mountain. Only one track, but two load sides, one loads while the other unloads and vice versa.

This is Shanghai during construction:
tron-ride-construction-2.jpg
Thanks for the clarification and that’s exactly what I had in mind is similar to BTMRR as far as loading and unloading. Seeing how other coasters in the area have been built I wouldn’t be surprised if they did the showbuilding first then the track.

Thanks for the clarification and that’s exactly what I had in mind is similar to BTMRR as far as loading and unloading. Seeing how other coasters in the area have been built I wouldn’t be surprised if they did the showbuilding first then the track.
With the Orlando climate, it probably helps a great deal to enclose first.