TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Or, ya know, you could just apply with FAA to have them lift restrictions or partially lift restrictions. They approve that type of stuff, a lot.

Does Disney need to get involved in the decision?

However it was done, the photos were taken at a higher than normal height for most of Bio's aerials and I'm incredibly impressed that the photos are so clear.

. As for dual load/unload, it will be like Big Thunder Mountain. Only one track, but two load sides, one loads while the other unloads and vice versa.

Not sure if this is what you meant, but while the station is split on two sides the load and unload on each side are actually separate areas, so like how Dragon Challenge was. Guess they wanted to give people as much time as possible to get loaded in to the motorbike seating.

Not sure if this is what you meant, but while the station is split on two sides the load and unload on each side are actually separate areas, so like how Dragon Challenge was. Guess they wanted to give people as much time as possible to get loaded in to the motorbike seating.
Yes, that’s what I meant.

Does Disney need to get involved in the decision?
No Disney would not be involved, the aircraft would just have to request permission with the controller. Usually they will ask the reason and approve or deny, so it does happen but all at the discretion of the controller. The NOTAM is 3000 feet AGL (above ground level), with a 3 mile radius from Latitude: 28º24'45"N, Longitude: 81º34'20"W which appears to be a small island just south of the Contemporary. That restriction is only in that area, anything above 3000 feet should be good to go directly over Disney.

After seeing the progress on this and Guardians, I don't see how Guardians isn't opening until 2021 and I don't see how this one *can* open up in 2021. :lol:
It's only February 2019. Tron also contractually CAN'T open in WDW until June 16th 2021 or later since Shanghai has a 5 year exclusivity. If they had to push the opening of this out to fall 2021, that's gives it about 32-34 months from now - or almost 3 years. It's a simple launch coaster with the toughest part of the build likely being the canopy. They should be fine.

When it comes down to it, I think this is a much simpler coaster than Guardians.
Definitely a much more complex build for Guardians, but they're already so far along that it does boggle the mind how it's gonna take until 2021. Of course the UoE building is literally nothing but a giant shell right now, so the queue and load platforms have a LONG way to go.

Last edited:
It's only February 2019. Tron also contractually CAN'T open in WDW until June 16th 2021 or later since Shanghai has a 5 year exclusivity. If they had to push the opening of this out to fall 2019, that's still about 32-34 months from now. It's a simple launch coaster with the toughest part of the build likely being the canopy. They should be fine.

Definitely a much more complex build for Guardians, but they're already so far along that it does boggle the mind how it's gonna take until 2021. Of course the UoE building is literally nothing but a giant shell right now, so the queue and load platforms have a LONG way to go.
I think you meant 2021 :sneaky: :lol:

Reactions: Nick
When it comes down to it, I think this is a much simpler coaster than Guardians.

Maybe, but we have yet to hear any compelling evidence that there's going to be anything particularly noteworthy (i.e. complex) happening during the coaster segments of Guardians. Certainly nothing that would warrant another 2+ years of work, anyway.

tron-roller-coaster-construction-magic-kingdom-02172019-3-1024x682.jpg

tron-roller-coaster-construction-magic-kingdom-02172019-5-1024x682.jpg

tron-roller-coaster-construction-magic-kingdom-02172019-6-1024x682.jpg

tron-roller-coaster-construction-magic-kingdom-02172019-7-1024x682.jpg

PHOTOS: TRON Roller Coaster Construction Update (2/17/2019) - Blog Mickey

Reactions: belloq87