TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Martin has stated on wdwmagic that the speedway is planned to be turned into a TRON themed ride as well. This will be interesting.
It will just be a retheme, he called the ride "Light Racers".

He did mention though that Disney wants to finally move to Hybrid or Electric for this change. It was also said that this project is a part of the Lightcycle Run project, meaning if it happens, Disney will look to open the two rides essentially as a TRON mini-land within Tomorrowland.

The ride tech looks cool but why does Disney assume anyone cares about Tron?
IP does not make a good ride. Star Wars is a huge IP, but that doesn't automatically equal great rides.

Ride design and ride tech are what make for a good ride. Riding a lightcycle is a cool concept, whether or not you've seen the movies. And Daft Punk's TRON: Legacy score will be great in the queue as well.

Totally didn't know Splash was based on a film until a year ago haha

Tron has the nostalgia factor...And people should know the film

Even beyond the nostalgia. It has a lot going for it; It's a roller coaster, it's dark and neon, it has a badass soundtrack and you're riding a god damn lightcycle.

120610_tron_flynn_light_cycle_2.jpg

It just doesn't really get any better than that as an experience.

Literally. And you may not care about Tron, but the ride was so fun, it was hard for me not to buy up the whole store. I settled for a t-shirt and glow in the dark pen.

SDisney-1-4.jpg

Reactions: Joel and Ashhanbre
Man I can't wait for this. Even the re-theming of the speedway to electric cars has me excited.
I'm still skeptical that the speedway will actually undergo actualy changes to the cars beyond painting them all Blue, but i'm hopeful. I believe part of the track is going to have to be shortened again for the coaster so that would be a good time for the ride to go down for a full refurb and retheme if it's going to happen.

Reactions: Andysol and Alicia
It's a great idea, considering Tron will become the most restrictive ride in MK with its 48-inch height requirement. This way, a Tron re-theme of the Speedway can get everyone in on the excitement.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
It's a great idea, considering Tron will become the most restrictive ride in MK with its 48-inch height requirement. This way, a Tron re-theme of the Speedway can get everyone in on the excitement.

To be fair, I would not be surprised if they have for each of the trains to have sitdown seats in the back of the train, similar to what Shanghai does.

Even beyond the nostalgia. It has a lot going for it; It's a roller coaster, it's dark and neon, it has a badass soundtrack and you're riding a god damn lightcycle.

120610_tron_flynn_light_cycle_2.jpg

It just doesn't really get any better than that as an experience.

I think Tron will be very successful and popular at MK. And it fits the land really well. Good move by Disney.

Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to Tron more than SW?