TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love Tron: Legacy. Great movie and even better soundtrack. But I'd be excited for this ride even if it was generic and not tied to a movie. Its just freaking cool to think about riding a glowing motorcycle that looks like its from the future.

Its like my childhood dreams come true. Sure it's no speederbike coaster, but it's a close second.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Agree regarding the IP not being as important as other things. The question should be asked...is this something people can easily relate to even without seeing the movies? TRON is a very simple concept...person gets sucked into a computer and has to compete in games to survive.

Agree regarding the IP not being as important as other things. The question should be asked...is this something people can easily relate to even without seeing the movies? TRON is a very simple concept...person gets sucked into a computer and has to compete in games to survive.
I mean, people have no clue what's going on in Test Track 2.0 and it's still fun, so I don't see why not.

How much do you really need to relate to an IP when the IP is only being used as a roller coaster? People love coasters and it's going in the world's busiest theme park. It'll be slammed.

What is the expected ride time? Is it supposed to be the same as the one in Shanghai?
Exact clone.

Ride time in Shanghai is just shy of 2 minutes by watching POVs of the ride on Youtube.

Anybody know what the ride's capacity is, roughly?
I asked about it with the folks that would know, until then, I played around with numbers a bit.

14 riders per car (ride has single rider so it should be filled almost always) at, let's say, a 30 second dispatch rate. Simple math will bring that out to a theoretical capacity of 1680.

HOWEVER, let's remember that the RVs have an awkward seating position with restraints much like Flight of Passage. Many WDW guests likely will not fit and thus the ride will never run at it's full theoretical capacity. So let's say, at best it does 45 second dispatch rates - that brings capacity down to 1120. If it goes to 60 seconds or beyond, hourly capacity is below 1,000 (i've waited 10+ minutes on FoP before once on the RV...).

This could prove to be a major problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNIrd
You got it. The leg restraints are almost identical to FoP which causes the biggest hold up.

Reactions: Nick
I asked about it with the folks that would know, until then, I played around with numbers a bit.

14 riders per car (ride has single rider so it should be filled almost always) at, let's say, a 30 second dispatch rate. Simple math will bring that out to a theoretical capacity of 1680.

HOWEVER, let's remember that the RVs have an awkward seating position with restraints much like Flight of Passage. Many WDW guests likely will not fit and thus the ride will never run at it's full theoretical capacity. So let's say, at best it does 45 second dispatch rates - that brings capacity down to 1120. If it goes to 60 seconds or beyond, hourly capacity is below 1,000 (i've waited 10+ minutes on FoP before once on the RV...).

This could prove to be a major problem.

That's frightening.

It's a good thing I love the Daft Punk TRON score, because it seems like we're going to be hearing ALL of it while waiting in that queue.

Do we know if it goes outside like the one in Shanghai? I know im weird but that always bothered me. Kinda kills the Tron feel when you leave the ride building and see the sun and people walking around

I think the smartest thing to do would be to shutter Space for a refurb a few weeks after opening the theatre in 2020.

That gives them a full year and some change to refurb it, and then they could open both TRON and the revamped Space Mountain to welcome the crushing crowds for the 50th.

Granted, I said the same thing about Everest and Avatar back when they were still opening Rivers of Light in 2016, so.