TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Everything will be the same. We should see the canopy start rising once they really get back into the flow of it. When they shut down construction, they were doing prep work to put the canopy up.

Thanks. Aren’t the carts and the train going under it as well?

Nah it’s progressing as planned.
Yeah, I mean, once the canopy is up, the only thing major that’s left is to finish the queue and the extremely minimalist interior of the ride + the tunnel for the WDWRR.

It was far enough along that it just makes sense to finish it at this point. Before construction shut down it was looking like they'd finish before they were allowed to open in in June 2021 anyway.

Reactions: Nick
It was far enough along that it just makes sense to finish it at this point. Before construction shut down it was looking like they'd finish before they were allowed to open in in June 2021 anyway.
Yeah, you can’t really mothball an attraction that has its track fully completed and you’ve already spent a bunch of money moving retention ponds in order for you to build it.

I wonder if they're going to put up any kind of buffer between that vantage point and the showbuilding. They have to do something, right?

I know the Railroad will eventually pass through there again, but even just a line of trees would really class it up.

I wonder if they're going to put up any kind of buffer between that vantage point and the showbuilding. They have to do something, right?

I know the Railroad will eventually pass through there again, but even just a line of trees would really class it up.
I think they'll very likely build a berm to add some height and then a row of trees to try and block it as much as possible.

Reactions: belloq87
Since mentions of Tron has popped up in other threads, I'm reminded of something.
I can't recall a time where hype and interest for a coaster has just dissipated like it has for Tron.

When it was announced that it's finally coming to the states, people were legit excited! But with Disney's usual construction method of stretching things out over a long period of years, I think this time they've run into a situation which has bit them with this ride. For in the period of construction of this, Uni built and opened their own motorbike coaster to absolute rave reviews. So much so that it has effectively sniped away a lot of hype for this.

An now Tron is possibly having to go up against the second coaster Uni is building in it's construction timeframe, one that definitely has everyone's attention in more ways than one.

I don't think Tron will be bad, but I feel this is a coaster which needed to strike when the iron was hot, and that's been cooled off quite a bit when something like Hagrid opens up in a far shorter amount of time.

Reactions: SpyderDan
Well, we pretty much know what we’re getting here, so there isn’t the hype of the unknown. The track is also fully installed and is only roughly a 60 second ride. Then construction stopped, which was another reason hype died down.

It’s a mix of a lot of things, but mostly bc you can already watch POVs of this ride and we know it’s nothing crazy.

Reactions: SpyderDan