TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Better than a lift hill.

More thrilling certainly... although shorter ride time and none of the anticipation a lift hill brings. Obviously it works in this case...and apparently Guardians will also be launched. I suppose Slinky is where it is most unusual, if at all.

Whilst I'm on the subject, slinky looks really fun.

Reactions: Scott W.
More thrilling certainly... although shorter ride time and none of the anticipation a lift hill brings. Obviously it works in this case...and apparently Guardians will also be launched. I suppose Slinky is where it is most unusual, if at all.

Whilst I'm on the subject, slinky looks really fun.

It's 50/50 between the thrill of the ride up a hill and the launch. Everybody has their preference.

The big benefit over a lift hill is that it's a lot easier to theme plus it saves the eye sore of having the coaster going higher than the rest of the track.

I think the Slinky coaster will surprise a lot of people.

Reactions: jtsalien and UAN17
It's 50/50 between the thrill of the ride up a hill and the launch. Everybody has their preference.

The big benefit over a lift hill is that it's a lot easier to theme plus it saves the eye sore of having the coaster going higher than the rest of the track.

I think the Slinky coaster will surprise a lot of people.

I think slinky will be relatively intense in the back rows. The trains look like they'll be huge and there's some big swooping drops in there.

I think slinky will be relatively intense in the back rows. The trains look like they'll be huge and there's some big swooping drops in there.

It sounds a little six flagish but who doesn't like a little trashy fun? This should be moved to the correct thread. With all the new announcements, these threads can get real messy real quick.

Adventureland needs an expansion badly. If they could give Advland a nice D/E, that land would be set.

Is there any room available?

Disney loving the launched coasters at the moment.
As long as the experiences are all significantly different, which I think they will be, it shouldn't be too big of problem.

- Slinky dog is aimed at families
- Guardians is rumored to have show scenes before it's launch
- Tron is most similar to RNRC as far as the type of ride, but it will be a great addition nonetheless.

It sounds a little six flagish but who doesn't like a little trashy fun? This should be moved to the correct thread. With all the new announcements, these threads can get real messy real quick.

Is there any room available?
There's one sizeable pad, it stretches out beyond the train tracks though I think so the Train would once again have to be altered.

While it's great a new E-ticket is being added to Tomorrowland, the timeline and lack of news on the overall TL revamp is frustrating.

Since MK's Space Mt is reportedly falling apart at the seams, according to mechanics, engineers and insiders, why the four-year timeline on TRON? If it's a clone and relatively sparsely-themed coaster, couldn't it be done in about 18-24 months?

I'm just concerned Space Mt will have an incident greater in scale than Big Thunder did back in the early 2000s....

Overall, though, it's great to see an E-ticket (TRON) and D-ticket (Main Street Broadway-style show) added to the park, instead of replacing something. I'd also say Stitch getting replaced by something decent (WALL-E or Meet the Robinsons would be great choices IMO) should count as half an addition :tongue:

But I'd prefer Fire Mountain, an Aladdin E-ticket/mini-land or JttCotE/20K in Adventureland since it's the land in most need of an expansion (especially since Fantasyland has two rides with a height requirement while Adventureland has none).

While it's great a new E-ticket is being added to Tomorrowland, the timeline and lack of news on the overall TL revamp is frustrating.
Probably could, but this isn't even going to start for awhile yet and they have the train to worry about too.

Rat and Mickey could potentially both open in 2019, the same year as Star Wars. Rat already has construction walls up backstage. I have a feeling Tron won't be a focus until close to when all that stuff is opening.

Yeah, I don't expect construction to start for another year or so. Martin is saying GOTG won't even be complete until 2021.

Now we enter the void of waiting.

All these announcements is giving me some serious consideration about when I would return to Orlando after next year. I'm starting to think about skipping 2018 and waiting for 2019.

I wonder if this will eventually include some placemaking for Tomorrowland. Adding in Tron still makes this land a total hodgepodge of random things.

There will be a general Tomorrowland redo in conjunction with this addition. The redo has already started with painting the rocks at the entry purple.

This would be very welcome.

Magic was talking about the Speedway cars resembling Tron vehicles. I don't know if that is the case but implementing electric cars and making it all indoor with Tron lighting and music would be a very nice change. I realize that Test Track 2.0 does this to some extent but they could drive home the Tron experience more fully. The cars could slide through scenes and maybe have the light bars in front of them when they need to turn. Do you know if any of this could happen or what the Speedway will look like?

This would be very welcome.

Magic was talking about the Speedway cars resembling Tron vehicles. I don't know if that is the case but implementing electric cars and making it all indoor with Tron lighting and music would be a very nice change. I realize that Test Track 2.0 does this to some extent but they could drive home the Tron experience more fully. The cars could slide through scenes and maybe have the light bars in front of them when they need to turn. Do you know if any of this could happen or what the Speedway will look like?
Some people think the speedway goes to more futuristic looking cars, maybe even Tron, but I doubt it would ever be enclosed.

And I'd like them to move to Electric, but we may be more than a decade or two away from that unfortunately.

Reactions: SkiBum
The speedway>Tron redo is still part of the project. Just the announcement was pulled. There was a big internal debate about how much, if any, of Tron would be announced. They went half way holding back the Speedway redo announcement until a later date. I had heard that they were holding back some announcements and that is why I gave warning that not everything we knew about would be announced. Seems like "TronWay" and Brazil were two of those.

And yes, more futuristic electric cars. And I was led to believe that it will be partially covered with a part of the glass canopy. Not really to functionally cover the speedway. But to give a layered integration visually. The concept art, as of yet, doesn't show that.

Last edited: