TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Assuming that fully theming the showbuilding or hiding it better are off the table, I guess it's a question of whether a single-color giant box is better than a multi-color giant box.
I just feel like multi-colored draws more attention to said box.

General rule of thumb is if it increases the guest accessible area when compared to before its construction, then capacity increases. The larger walkways, the addition of a ride queue, and new walkway leading to the entrance mean that the capacity will increase.

I don’t know if it will be a big enough difference to make really make a noticeable difference though.
Years ago Bush Gardens Williamsburg had a good 5k increase for Halloween and Christmas was bout half potential park capacity which I think was 30-35k. I imagine with the new rides it is closer to 40 these days tho.

I think that the Tron building looks pretty cool in person.....nice colors and geometric blocking. It will fit in well with Tomorrowland. Guardians on the other hand.......

Reactions: belloq87

Niles is saying he's heard this won't be opening until 2022, now.

I find it hard to believe that, even with an uncertain economy, they won't try really hard to have it ready for the 50th, because otherwise the 50th is going to be quite the uninspired "celebration."

Wasn’t there talk that their 50th celebrations would begin in October instead of January?

In the past, WDW has celebrated milestone anniversaries starting on the the anniversary date (10/1/96 and 10/1/06) and lasting until January of the next year (~16 months). Year of Million Dreams lasted much longer, but that was more a promotional event than an anniversary.

DLR is a bit different because their anniversary is the middle of the summer, so the Diamond Celebration started a few months early with MDW and lasted ~15 months, ending with LDW.

So anyway, expect the 50th to run Oct. 1, 2021-Jan. 31st, 2023.