Tomorrowland Speedway | Inside Universal Forums

Tomorrowland Speedway

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If Tron were to go behind it, I wonder what would be modified: that first turn on the speedway or the SM gift shop. Because that path going behind the Speedway is not designed to handle crowds lol

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 2.38.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 2.38.44 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
Kinda using the term "Confirmed" a bit loosely ain't they?
It's WDWNT, would you expect anything less? :lol:

If Tron were to go behind it, I wonder what would be modified: that first turn on the speedway or the SM gift shop. Because that path going behind the Speedway is not designed to handle crowds lol
The giant retention pond around that area is an expansion plot... they would just need to move the pond.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The giant retention pond around that area is an expansion plot... they would just need to move the pond.

I was referring to the fact that they'd need a path for guests to get to that expansion plot. That one connecting Tomorrowland and Toontown would certainly need some beefing up to handle the crowds of a new attraction being back there

I was referring to the fact that they'd need a path for guests to get to that expansion plot. That one connecting Tomorrowland and Toontown would certainly need some beefing up to handle the crowds of a new attraction being back there
Hehe, hasn't been Toontown in quite some time. It's the Circus now.

I miss Mickey's Toontown myself though. Always wished we got the Roger Rabbit ride like DL there.

I don't think this will happen. But, I'm surprised the idea doesn't come up more. It's a really good, valid idea.
It can't go anywhere else. There's no room.

Marni said it isn't replacing and it is going behind. But he nixed the idea it is by storybook. So where else does it go?
Why else are call centers being loaded up?
What has needed a complete tear down/rebuild for early a decade?

I'm telling ya man... all signs point to space. everyone just assumes speedway gets replaced.

With as big of a crowd that MK gets I can’t see them shutting down one of the biggest attractions for a long period of time

Eh, they did it a few years ago when Space had that lengthy refurb and retracking. MK at least has the benefit of having dozens of other attractions to shoulder the crowds.

That being said, I don't see SM going anywhere for a very long time. It's iconic. Look what happened when disney announced they're altering one scene in Pirates of the Caribbean. I'd love to see what would happen if they replaced an iconic attraction with an under-performing and usually-forgotten IP.