Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal’s Superstar Parade

UNIrd

Premium Member
Jul 18, 2008
Talking about the Universal Centennial Celebration, Universal Studios President and COO Ron Meyer spoke about a parade coming to Universal Orlando.

From the article:

Meyer promises parades in Universals Orlando theme park, tours of the company's remarkable archives, and promotions at major film festivals, maybe with talent in attendance. "A hundred years is a real milestone," says Meyer. "And, I mean, what could be more important than movies? Seriously!"

Do you think we could actually be seeing a new regular daytime parade in USF? Singapore just got one and it's awesome.

I would love to see what Singapore has! That parade is EPIC! I love Universal's parades. I just with 2 things:

1. They have the floats drive themselves (please no more pickups or decorated golf carts).
2. They have an audio system that syncs with the location of the parade (You can only listen to "feat don't fail me now" for so long).

What I want them to keep:

LOTS of confetti!

Not really excited. I'm not a huge fan of daytime parades. And I hate getting around Universal when the Christmas Parade is going on.

Not really excited. I'm not a huge fan of daytime parades. And I hate getting around Universal when the Christmas Parade is going on.

I'm not a fan of parades in general, but they are a necessity for a top flight theme park resort. To me it's a step UOR needs to take, just like getting a good night show.

I'm not a fan of parades in general, but they are a necessity for a top flight theme park resort. To me it's a step UOR needs to take, just like getting a good night show.

I 100% agree. A parade and a nighttime show are things that help keep tourists busy all day. So at the end of the day they felt like they didn't do it all and that they need to come back.

A night time show, absolutely. People need a reason to come back to the Studios at night. But idk if a parade is what the Studios really needs. I mean, I feel like that's something that caters a lot to younger audiences. And are kids gonna really want to sit around and watch a parade about the history of the Studios? I just don't feel like a parade fits with the atmosphere of the Studios. But if it's just for this 100th celebration, I guess I get it.

A night time show, absolutely. People need a reason to come back to the Studios at night. But idk if a parade is what the Studios really needs. I mean, I feel like that's something that caters a lot to younger audiences. And are kids gonna really want to sit around and watch a parade about the history of the Studios? I just don't feel like a parade fits with the atmosphere of the Studios. But if it's just for this 100th celebration, I guess I get it.

I don't think you're going to see the parade really celebrating the history. I think you'll see a direct lift of what's in Singapore, which is Jurassic Park, Dreamworks, Shrek, etc. I mean they might throw some old movies in, but it'll strike a good balance, IMO.

And I doubt it's something that will only be around this year and go away.

I don't think you're going to see the parade really celebrating the history. I think you'll see a direct lift of what's in Singapore, which is Jurassic Park, Dreamworks, Shrek, etc. I mean they might throw some old movies in, but it'll strike a good balance, IMO.

And I doubt it's something that will only be around this year and go away.

Do you think they'd still use JP with IOA next door? I guess it doesn't matter. Just odd. But I would LOVE to see what they could do with an IOA parade, too bad it won't ever happen.

The reason why the Mardi Gras floats have trucks pulling them is because thats how they do the parades in New Orleans, no? Am I wrong?

While I'm not a huge fan of parades, I agree with JungleSkip in that the Studios needs one - to me it's kind of ridiculous that it hasn't had one after so many years of operation. A direct lift from Singapore would be amazing... there's some really cool costumes, characters, floats, special effects included in that. I would hope that they go the extra mile and include a MIB, Back to the Future, and ET float somewhere... I guess in place of Jurassic Park. That Mummy float though, in particular, is awesome.

I'd love to see a parade at UO but in my opinion I don't think the park is set up for a parade. Macy's parade is really hard get to around. People are always running inbetween the floats.

Parades are not my thing, but it would be interesting to see something like the Singapore one. The animated floats look quite cool and I especially like that they each have their own soundtrack. The repetitive music throughout the Mardi Gras and Macy's parades gets annoying fast.

Agreed, they are big with families and international guests. Its all about $$$

Parades are not my thing, but it would be interesting to see something like the Singapore one. The animated floats look quite cool and I especially like that they each have their own soundtrack. The repetitive music throughout the Mardi Gras and Macy's parades gets annoying fast.

Are a lot of you bothered by Mardi Gras music? I enjoy the soundtrack for Mardi Gras. Macy's is annoying yes, but I like Mardi Gras...