Universal Builds Apartments for Employees | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Builds Apartments for Employees

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 1, 2008
Sanford, FL
Universal Orlando Apartment Rumors

From Screamscape:

Remember that apartment complex idea Universal Orlando pitched a few years ago? Well it looks like there is still life left in the concept and according to the Orlando Sentinel Universal is ready to partner with a local developer to build the 330-unit complex that will be aimed at securing tenants from their own workforce. They plan to open the first units in 2011.

I think this would be interesting and very convenient for the international students that come to work for UO for a short amount of time each year. That way, they wouldn't have to catch any buses to work without risking being late.

Cedar point has dormitories set up for summer workers, it is a great idea. I do see people whining about it because then Universal will control more of there lives. But it is better then paying deposits and such. I think it is a great concept for that.

Universal College Program or Authentic UK accents for Harry Potter, sounds like it has positives about it.

I see haha...well don't I feel embarrased.
I'm not so sure if I like this addition, but it will be more income for UNiversal I suppose

Universal employees will get discounts on rental rates, which are expected to range from $900 a month for a one-bedroom unit to $1,400 a month for a three-bedroom

Wow! $900 to $1400?! Is that reasonable?! I think that's a little high. Anyways, I love the idea and the current render looks promising.

Great idea, props to Universal even if the prices are a little steep. I had no idea international students could work at Universal without being a US resident, something I would be interested in.

This is an a better leap forward for universal. So much better than the Rip, Ride, Rockit and Simspons opening issues;I hope they staff their events properly if this should occur.

Construction has begun. From Screamscape:
Those who have drove by Universal’s backside may have noticed that a section of the employee parking lot has now become a construction site as work seems to have begun on that long in development apartment complex set up in the area behind Jaws and Men In Black. (No need for photos… it’s all just dirt and tractors right now)