Universal Commercials | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Commercials

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Another commercial that isn't afraid to take shots at Disney:
I feel like they're jabbing AK or Sea World with the animal comment, not sure

Honestly, I love to see Universal finding their footing with commercials...Their early stuff (mid 2000's) was less than memorable

The only ones I remember are the IOA ones

Reactions: tankart150
Nice commercial. With the theme park wars in full effect, I'm surprised we haven't seen more ads taking shots at the Mouse. I think Disney is ripe for the picking. True they have Star Wars coming, but those crowds are going to be so insane its bound to be a PR (yelp, tripadvisor) nightmare. I'm hearing rumors that they'll have to shut the park down by noon due to due to capacity concerns. Just hype, maybe, but look at the lines today at Pandora. Apparently flight of passage is as good as it gets, but is it worth a 2+ hour wait if you don't have a fast pass? A quick twitter search shows endless complaints about the waiting.

We attached a Universal stay to our Disney trip a few years ago. The difference was night and day. Disney - Plan your meals and fast passes 6 months in advance. Wait in a long line for the bus at the hotel to get to the Park. Get into the park, use your fastpasses (and by the way, hopefully everyone in the family of 5 agrees with the fastpass choices). Hustle to a kiosk to get more fastpasses after the three fast passes are used. Hustle to get to your lunch or dinner reservation that was planned 6 months ago. Crowds. Wait for bus at Park to get back to hotel. If you stay for fireworks, you're probably looking at nearly a 2 hour experience from the point the fireworks are over until the time you get to your hotel room.

Universal - Stay at the Hard Rock. 8 minute walk from the Hard Rock to the Studios front gate. Unlimited express passes. That means we rode all of the E tickets rides 4 or 5 times. Walk back to the Hard Rock for lunch and some mid day swimming. By the way, you can take the water taxi if your heart desires. Walk back to the Park to finish out the day. The Park closes and you have your pick of any restaurant at CityWalk. Sure, they are bound to be crowded at park close, but at least you can make a spontaneous decision.

Last point - I have three sons. Disney rides are not thrilling enough for them. They were downright angry that we had to go to Disney. Disney has only a few thrillers (Aerosmith, Space Mountain) that are great, but you may get to ride them once, maybe twice depending on how you time your fastpasses.

Rant over. My point, I can't believe Universal isn't taking more shots at Disney. It seems too easy right now.

Nice commercial. With the theme park wars in full effect, I'm surprised we haven't seen more ads taking shots at the Mouse. I think Disney is ripe for the picking. True they have Star Wars coming, but those crowds are going to be so insane its bound to be a PR (yelp, tripadvisor) nightmare. I'm hearing rumors that they'll have to shut the park down by noon due to due to capacity concerns. Just hype, maybe, but look at the lines today at Pandora. Apparently flight of passage is as good as it gets, but is it worth a 2+ hour wait if you don't have a fast pass? A quick twitter search shows endless complaints about the waiting.

We attached a Universal stay to our Disney trip a few years ago. The difference was night and day. Disney - Plan your meals and fast passes 6 months in advance. Wait in a long line for the bus at the hotel to get to the Park. Get into the park, use your fastpasses (and by the way, hopefully everyone in the family of 5 agrees with the fastpass choices). Hustle to a kiosk to get more fastpasses after the three fast passes are used. Hustle to get to your lunch or dinner reservation that was planned 6 months ago. Crowds. Wait for bus at Park to get back to hotel. If you stay for fireworks, you're probably looking at nearly a 2 hour experience from the point the fireworks are over until the time you get to your hotel room.

Universal - Stay at the Hard Rock. 8 minute walk from the Hard Rock to the Studios front gate. Unlimited express passes. That means we rode all of the E tickets rides 4 or 5 times. Walk back to the Hard Rock for lunch and some mid day swimming. By the way, you can take the water taxi if your heart desires. Walk back to the Park to finish out the day. The Park closes and you have your pick of any restaurant at CityWalk. Sure, they are bound to be crowded at park close, but at least you can make a spontaneous decision.

Last point - I have three sons. Disney rides are not thrilling enough for them. They were downright angry that we had to go to Disney. Disney has only a few thrillers (Aerosmith, Space Mountain) that are great, but you may get to ride them once, maybe twice depending on how you time your fastpasses.

Rant over. My point, I can't believe Universal isn't taking more shots at Disney. It seems too easy right now.
My feelings exactly. I've said it many times. Universal on site is just fantastic for a spontaneous, relaxing, leisurely, fun vacation..... I really like Disney but I hate the complete lack of spontaneity, the crowded standby lines and that so much pre planning is required. Heck, I'm a planning type person, but that's the wrong kind of planning for me, especially with Florida's weather.

Last edited: