Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Creative help?

Mar 7, 2013
Hey guys!!

I’m a Universal TM. I was wondering does anyone have a connection to someone working in Creative with a little pull? I’ve been trying to get my foot in the door for awhile but I’ve been getting the runaround with HR. They say they would meet with me then cancel do to changes within the staff. It’s been going on for a few months now and kind of frustrating. If anybody could help that would be great and thanks ahead of time.

Well, first things first. I don’t believe that anyone on here is going to state publicly that they know anyone or anything about Universal Creative. ;)

My advice would be to look for anyone you think works in UC backstage and introduce yourself and let them know of your interest. Remember their names and be sure to say hi each and every time you see them. I know for a fact they eat in the same backstage areas as hourly TMs so that might be a good time to hit them up.

Too, attend events that you know UC employees will be present and introduce yourself during the meet and greets. There was just one such event to raise money for someone in the industry and there is that annual event for the Central Florida artists group. I know that Melody Matheny is very much involved in that. She is a very prolific freelancer to many of the parks.

It all comes down to who you know and I am certain you can take care of that part without the aid of HR.