Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

Trying to decide if my desire to stay in all of Universal's resorts at least once is stronger than my desire to be in close proximity to Strongwater Tavern & Drhum Club Kantine. Sapphire Falls - Standard Room & Dockside - 2 Bedroom are going for the same price in April.

Trying to decide if my desire to stay in all of Universal's resorts at least once is stronger than my desire to be in close proximity to Strongwater Tavern & Drhum Club Kantine. Sapphire Falls - Standard Room & Dockside - 2 Bedroom are going for the same price in April.
How many people are travelling with you?

I expect true slow seasons to be a thing of the past soon as they open the hotels. My hope is that uni staffs the parks for high capacity instead of cheaping out to squeeze guests like disney does.

'Luke, come to the Dockside.'

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Dockside will be the nicest "Value" resort in all of Orlando. The lobby area is legitimately beautiful. The lobby bar has a very nice seating area. There is also a full blown Starbucks with cold brewed coffee on tap. This place truly embarrasses the Disney "Value" resorts.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Dockside will be the nicest "Value" resort in all of Orlando. The lobby area is legitimately beautiful. The lobby bar has a very nice seating area. There is also a full blown Starbucks with cold brewed coffee on tap. This place truly embarrasses the Disney "Value" resorts.

I think this is a safe assumption. I’m digging the vibe of Dockside far more than Surfside.

I think Disney needs to close their values one by one and do complete remodels. Rethink the room layouts and remove the garish, oversized theming. Make it more simplified Disney. They won't do that though because people still pay the insane prices to stay at their motels.

That's the key phrasing - Disney is running motels while Universal's values are hotel style and are much nicer in-room and hand over fist better in terms of amenities.

I think Disney needs to close their values one by one and do complete remodels. Rethink the room layouts and remove the garish, oversized theming. Make it more simplified Disney. They won't do that though because people still pay the insane prices to stay at their motels.

That's the key phrasing - Disney is running motels while Universal's values are hotel style and are much nicer in-room and hand over fist better in terms of amenities.

I will say I mostly agree. I do like the renovated rooms at Pop. Made me realize how small the room was though.

I agree with everything about the oversized theming.

Disney (and Universal) have been making their hotels more generic, which is really sad. Both sides of Endless Summer are practically unthemed when compared to a Portofino or Cabana Bay.

I don't really want Disney to end up building "Disney's All Star Holiday Inn." The oversized theming has charm to it and it definitely makes the hotel feel more Disney-centric. Even if it's screaming Disney at you.

I agree with everything about the oversized theming.

Disney (and Universal) have been making their hotels more generic, which is really sad. Both sides of Endless Summer are practically unthemed when compared to a Portofino or Cabana Bay.

I don't really want Disney to end up building "Disney's All Star Holiday Inn." The oversized theming has charm to it and it definitely makes the hotel feel more Disney-centric. Even if it's screaming Disney at you.
I get that. There's a middle ground between generic and tacky though and I think Disney should be able to find that even by removing a lot of the stuff, they could still keep a resort heavily themed to Disney.

I think this wouldn't be as hard as it seems. If they close down one of the All Stars and build a tower or two they could replace a lot of the buildings at once. Consolidating space plus making everything closer to the pool/cafeteria would be great.

Regarding the All-Star comparisons, keep in mind you're literally comparing this:

Beauty-Shot-Resize.jpg

to this:

2020-Chevrolet-Corvette-C8-in-orange.jpg

I love the renovations they've done at Disney's Values. The rooms look great, the beds are comfy, the efficiency of the space with the pulldown bed.

While yes, Disney's Value theming is super garish on the outside, Dockside and Surfside's grounds have zero charm. Like none. Very sterile all around. (Judging by a stay at Surfside and pics of Dockside...)