Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

It doesn’t scream value resort to me and I love that. All Stars should be ashamed.

While the interior is actually very nice for a "value resort," the architecture of the resort itself looks very cheap. These buildings will most likely age poorly. Instead of this resort having a gentrifying effect on tacky international drive, I think it will just reinforce the idea that international drive is a "lesser" tourist area.

It is way better than All Stars resort, however, which is very tacky imo.

I think all of this looks in-line with a modern value resort. The lobbies are killing it though.

From the beginning, the rooms seemed to steal the same design ideas as all of the new fancy luxury apartments going up everywhere. Looks nice at first glance, but then you realize that the materials are cheap and the whole place feels modern but cheap.

Everything so far follows that trend. There's a couple nice architectural features but it still has that modern/luxury/inexpensive aesthetic. Not that there's anything wrong with that! The hotel seems to know who its clientele are and this hotel is way nicer than anything else you'll find at this price point (or at many price points above it)

I'm staying here opening weekend. If there's one thing I love, it's enjoying a brand new hotel and being the first to enjoy the furnishings/amenities, although I do understand I could experience some kinks. Anyone remember the Sapphire room key debacle on opening and the lines to check-in wrapping around the lobby? :lol:

I'm staying here opening weekend. If there's one thing I love, it's enjoying a brand new hotel and being the first to enjoy the furnishings/amenities, although I do understand I could experience some kinks. Anyone remember the Sapphire room key debacle on opening and the lines to check-in wrapping around the lobby? :lol:

We stayed in a hotel a few months ago that had only been open a couple weeks. Half the room's doors wouldn't lock because they were still set for construction access. lol

From the groundIMG_20190424_095855_compress_51.jpg IMG_20190424_100148_compress_32.jpg IMG_20190424_095506_compress_14.jpg IMG_20190424_100224_resize_55.jpg
WaE8

WaE8

Last edited:
Any possibility of a NJ style boardwalk wrapping around the Universal owned portion of the lake? That would be so cool. Games of chance, eateries, gift shops and go karts. Yes, go karts!
That would be cool I don't know if it's a boardwalk but I did see palm trees all the way up to the Westgate properties assuming that that's the part Universe alone so it looks like the revitalizing The Pedestrian part of it which is fantastic

I wonder when they'll be adding these hotels to the resort wide map HERE or on the official app. I know Aventura was on there well before opening and listed as "coming soon." I'm interested to see how they integrate them visually and whether they'll make it seem like they're fully "on-site" or not. I assume they will but I'm a map nerd and look forward to stuff like this.

I wonder when they'll be adding these hotels to the resort wide map HERE or on the official app. I know Aventura was on there well before opening and listed as "coming soon." I'm interested to see how they integrate them visually and whether they'll make it seem like they're fully "on-site" or not. I assume they will but I'm a map nerd and look forward to stuff like this.

renditionDownload