Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

Looks good! Their value resorts really do put Disney's (outside Art of Animation maybe) to shame.

I will say that prices for the deluxe resorts have skyrocketed over the last year or so and I feel like this will continue as they continue to open more affordable offerings. Royal Pacific in particular is priced outrageously high over this summer even with the renovation of the lobby.

I will say that prices for the deluxe resorts have skyrocketed over the last year or so and I feel like this will continue as they continue to open more affordable offerings. Royal Pacific in particular is priced outrageously high over this summer even with the renovation of the lobby.
True. plus they have shrunk the dates that are value and regular priced the last few years. There's not many windows available to book at good rates. When they discontinued their rewards program last year (which was a really good program), I've felt there's less incentive for me to book all my days at a deluxe resort. Thus, my vacation in May was split between RP and CBBR. I'll probably continue to go that route for full Universal vacations. When I split Universal with Disney, as I'm doing in November, I'm just going to do CBBR or the new hotel and skip a deluxe. There's really no need for Express passes middle of November. ..Note: .The renovation at RP was fairly inconsequential when we were there. One small apx. 6'X 10' ft area in a back area was boarded. By the time we were leaving they took down the walls on that small section and everything was in a normal state. So it looks like it's just a fairly unobtrusive redo. Probably that's why it's taking so long.

.Note: .The renovation at RP was fairly inconsequential when we were there. One small apx. 6'X 10' ft area in a back area was boarded. By the time we were leaving they took down the walls on that small section and everything was in a normal state. So it looks like it's just a fairly unobtrusive redo. Probably that's why it's taking so long.

That's great to know! I was all set to book Royal Pacific recently but stopped short due to a combination of the high price and lobby renovation but I'll probably bite the bullet and book this week.

In terms of general resort pricing, while I'm sad the Deluxe resorts (in particular RPR) have been creeping up in recent years, it makes perfect sense for them to do so. I always felt like Sapphire Falls was in a weird spot and I could never justify staying there when Royal Pacific was only slightly more expensive but included Universal Express passes. Now, if you choose to stay at Sapphire and add express passes, the total cost stays reasonably in line with booking a Deluxe. It's also just flat-out good news for the Parks that prices have been increasing while occupancy at all the hotels remain as strong as ever.

We do have to remember this is universals take on a value resort. Overall nothing but the room size currently screams value.

That picture is also a 2 bed so there is another bedroom and a bigger overall space.

I’ll quote back to the room sizes I posted a few months back.

Unsure if these have been posted at all, thought it was nice to have a good idea at the comparable room sizes.

For both Surfside Inn and Dockside Inn;

View attachment 9073

Having had issues with Aventura last year (moved to three different rooms due to water leakage from the showers), it's possible that nicer looking one does indeed exist. They vary the sizes for some reason.

That is true, but I think it’s funny how the table under the TV is not really a table until the wall goes in. Good use of space.
It's more about interesting design than making a 'desk' if I were to guess...Not necessarily any utility to get out of it other than aesthetics