Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

Will be interesting between Surfside and Dockside, if we will see changes to EPA and potentially more rides being open during it. We're talking about adding an additional 2,000+ on-site rooms between these hotels who will now have the EPA benefit.

Will be interesting between Surfside and Dockside, if we will see changes to EPA and potentially more rides being open during it. We're talking about adding an additional 2,000+ on-site guests between these hotels who will now have the EPA benefit.

I was thinking the same thing, though the problem would likely solve itself if they just kept both parks consistently open for EPA. Otherwise, add Marvel attractions to Islands and add Men in Black/Mummy to Studios?

Will be interesting between Surfside and Dockside, if we will see changes to EPA and potentially more rides being open during it. We're talking about adding an additional 2,000+ on-site guests between these hotels who will now have the EPA benefit.
even considerably more than that when you consider 2 to 4 guests per room. And probably on the high side since this is family value costs.

I was thinking the same thing, though the problem would likely solve itself if they just kept both parks consistently open for EPA. Otherwise, add Marvel attractions to Islands and add Men in Black/Mummy to Studios?
I would think the long term plan for Islands is to open Hagrid for EPA.

I'm sort of surprised UOR hasn't bought the land across from Dockside as it looks like there's plenty of room for another hotel near the IHOP:

Has there been any menus posted for the food court yet? I'm very curious about the prices since Universal said most everything will be under $12

Could someone who's already been to Surfside please answer this question - Are Towers 1 and 2 an equal mix of 1 and 2 bed rooms, or are the 1 bed rooms all in a certain tower and the 2 beds in another?

Reason for asking is that I'm gonna request Tower 2 for our upcoming 1 bed stay ideally, to be away from the Dockside Construction Site view as much as possible. Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Could someone who's already been to Surfside please answer this question - Are Towers 1 and 2 an equal mix of 1 and 2 bed rooms, or are the 1 bed rooms all in a certain tower and the 2 beds in another?

Reason for asking is that I'm gonna request Tower 2 for our upcoming 1 bed stay ideally, to be away from the Dockside Construction Site view as much as possible. Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:
I haven't been, but my understanding is that the wider tower sections are standard rooms, while the narrower are 2-bedroom suites. The locations of this can be seen in the map tweeted by bioreconstruct:

If this is correct, then there is a mix of rooms in each tower, and a standard (not pool) view in tower 2 is almost certain to look out on parking garage.

That is true, but I think it’s funny how the table under the TV is not really a table until the wall goes in. Good use of space.

Late to the party, but I would think there are USB plugs underneath that tiny desk/shelf sliver. That way you can charge phones, watches, etc right there.

Haven’t seen a pic to prove it, but in other hotels, that’s almost always the case. And considering electrical was the anyway for the TV, it’s a pretty safe assumption.

Will be interesting between Surfside and Dockside, if we will see changes to EPA and potentially more rides being open during it. We're talking about adding an additional 2,000+ on-site rooms between these hotels who will now have the EPA benefit.

More rides, or... maybe we finally get some evening EPA?
I always thought with the older demographic that an extra hour at night would be a more useful benefit.
It would also allow the advertisement of exclusivity that as guests were leaving wishing they stayed onsite. And they would be more willing to the next time considering there are cheap value hotels on site.

Surfside Inn and Suites is Universal’s first Value Category hotel
That’s an odd statement.
So what was Cabana Bay when it opened? Or what was Cabana Bay when Sapphire Falls opened?

Is this like the “First Coaster with a Drop”?