Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

Of course it won't drop it's prices :lol:

Right now, RPR is a fairly good bargain if you're looking for the express. It's not much more than Sapphire and it's a nicer hotel anyway, so higher prices are warranted, Express or not.
Excellent point :lol:

In the U.K., RPR is about the same price as Hard Rock but this is Orlando. Prices don’t go down, everything else will go up to accommodate.

Here it is.

The official Value monicker wasn’t introduced as a category until Endless Summer was announced/under construction. It’s semantics, but they didn’t move the posts for the sake of a press release.

I also vaguely remember when the “Prime Value” designations were introduced, that we expected a new lower category would show up.
Is Aventura considered Prime Value as well?

This is literally all on the UO site and no RPR is not losing Express.

Universal Orlando Resort™ | Your Orlando Vacation Destination
Universal has a website?

When the categorization was announced, we assumed it would be Value - but I guess with the room tech and the access to VB and Water Taxis, they consider it just a notch above.
I know we originally speculated that when the resort was under construction. I would say the proximity to Sapphire and the boats alone puts it in Prime Value territory, price point is still fairly aggressive though

The latest aerials are making me more confident that the south tower of Dockside will not be ready for resort opening next March.

Checked in yesterday and wow.. really not seeing what part of this is supposed to be a Value hotel. Not seeing any cutbacks on what would kinda be expected. The layout of this family suite is great.
And you can easily walk across for a late night/early morning IHOP run! That IHOP is gonna see way more business with these new hotels (and it's doing well at the moment already).

And you can easily walk across for a late night/early morning IHOP run! That IHOP is gonna see way more business with these new hotels (and it's doing well at the moment already).
I had the exact same thought about the KFC over the road, they're gonna do insane business, especially when Dockside opens!

Add Walgreens to the list. The added value of being able to easily step outside the Universal bubble is a huge draw.

The only thing I think Surfside is missing is a Flowrider.
The Walgreens and Music Shop across the street are interesting, I'm sure Universal wants that land

Add Walgreens to the list. The added value of being able to easily step outside the Universal bubble is a huge draw.

The only thing I think Surfside is missing is a Flowrider.

100%. The wave theme is in EVERYTHING through and through. This is a missed opportunity.

ALSO..
I kid you not.. the air came on in the room at one point yesterday and I swore I smelled a slight ocean breeze scent? 1 friend was in the bathroom, another friend in the 2nd bedroom.. I yelled out GUYS.. they came out and confirmed they smelled something too.

Can anyone confirm if Universal might be piping in some light scents in the room?

100%. The wave theme is in EVERYTHING through and through. This is a missed opportunity.

ALSO..
I kid you not.. the air came on in the room at one point yesterday and I swore I smelled a slight ocean breeze scent? 1 friend was in the bathroom, another friend in the 2nd bedroom.. I yelled out GUYS.. they came out and confirmed they smelled something too.

Can anyone confirm if Universal might be piping in some light scents in the room?
All the hotels have a different smell to them, I'm sure it's intentional

Checked in yesterday and wow.. really not seeing what part of this is supposed to be a Value hotel. Not seeing any cutbacks on what would kinda be expected. The layout of this family suite is great.

I told my husband about the new hotel. He agreed we would have been staying there when our kids were little. The price point with a suite is amazing. My kids would have loved the picnic table in the room.
Having the bedroom would have made up for the lack of express pass when my daughter was needing that calm space.

Also, the TVs are new 2160p which look phenomenal and has Xfinity which seems to have more channels than any of the other resorts. We had it on MTV Live a lot and would just watch music videos most of the time, which I don't recall having anywhere else.

The remote also has a cool feature where you could talk into it too. You say the name of the show or channel and it was on in seconds.