Universal Enforcing Hulk Rules | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Enforcing Hulk Rules

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 17, 2014
Tallahassee
Just like rip rockit before you ride the hulk you must put all items in a locker. They are checking people in the lines and making you get out of line and go to a locker. Saturday while I was there I saw one guy have a pretty bad argument with one of the employees. Its not that big of a deal but I wonder if something happened to change this.

Just like rip rockit before you ride the hulk you must put all items in a locker. They are checking people in the lines and making you get out of line and go to a locker. Saturday while I was there I saw one guy have a pretty bad argument with one of the employees. Its not that big of a deal but I wonder if something happened to change this.

Can they do this at Dragon Challenge so we can get the dueling back, please?

I have nothing against them telling people to empty the pockets, but still, if someone has sealed pockets then they should not be made to do this. Also, when it gets busier this is going to be messy because the locker area will be chaotic.

I've been successfully keeping items in my snap-shut cargo pockets for years.

If it's like HRRR then they will just ask you a bunch of times if anything is in your pocket and not actually check. They had 3 different "checkpoints" where they would ask the last time I visited.

I've been successfully keeping items in my snap-shut cargo pockets for years.

If it's like HRRR then they will just ask you a bunch of times if anything is in your pocket and not actually check. They had 3 different "checkpoints" where they would ask the last time I visited.

Past weekend ordered my friend's teens to remove phones from zippered pockets on Rock-It. They're clearly cracking down more than usual, no idea why.

I noticed this while I was at HHN a couple weeks ago when riding Rock-it. I thought I'd be fine with just my phone in my back pocket, guess I was wrong, had to leave the line two different times. I can understand safety policies, but my goodness.

My friend got yelled at to get off the ride at HRRR at the end of the night at HHN because they could see his phone in his pants. We had to wait 4 cycles to ride. Tbh, it's a bit much. I understand they don't want to be blamed if people lose their phones on the ride and having worked the ride, I know it used to happen a lot, but I always thought it was a "bring items on at own risk" type deal, which Uni is still covered. It sort of just pisses people off when you single them out and tell them they can't ride because they have their phone or something in their pocket.

It also reduces capacity if they are consistently stopping the ride to do this throughout the day.

It isn't just bring item at your own risk, the people walking underneath the coasters have no idea that an object is coming for their head. I can totally get behind this one and am curious to see what Carrowinds has to do with the entry on Fury 365. They will need to make a major overhang or tube or something to keep people safe on that ride.

^ Yeah, an iPhone 6 plus falling from 60' could be a nasty disaster. Thing is, do they have enough lockers for the entire queue on every ride? I would doubt it.

I've also experienced this at general amusement parks recently like Hershey. Maybe there were multiple reported incidents across the country?

My main gripe against the lockers is the hassle and wait if it's crowded. It all should have been designed where the lockers are inline right before the ride to cut down on the required amount of lockers. Then have it where you empty from the other side and it's easy peasy. Or go ghetto like six flags and just have the bins next to the coasters. It's the hassle that everyone hates.

Yeah, if they are going to make you take your phone or electronic device out of you pockets for the ride, they should have locker areas set up right next to the ride vehicles like BGT does (and I think even Dragon Challenge?). There should also be more warnings that you will need to do this so guests know, which will make it easier on ops.

About 8 months ago I was going on Twister (I know but the person I was with had never been)
We were around back and I heard a loud SLAM of what I assume was a cell phone hitting the fence.
When I looked for it I found an expensive pair of sun glasses (Oakleys)
But as loud as that was it could have hurt someone bad if it had hit someone

It isn't just bring item at your own risk, the people walking underneath the coasters have no idea that an object is coming for their head. I can totally get behind this one and am curious to see what Carrowinds has to do with the entry on Fury 365. They will need to make a major overhang or tube or something to keep people safe on that ride.

I'd assume they would just do the netting like is under most coasters where they cross over walkways.

I'd assume they would just do the netting like is under most coasters where they cross over walkways.

1400945-14spid2.jpg

It doesn't help maintain the illusion.