Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Expansion Plan??? Project LUPA???

Andy

aka Hatetofly
VIP Member
Mar 16, 2010
Well I'm gonna be honest I'm a little over my head on this one so I need the help of all of our talented readers. I recently stumbled upon some information and pictures regarding what appears to be a MASSIVE Expansion project in the very early stages for Universal Orlando. I've said in the past around here numerous times I thought a third gate was coming due to what I was told, but never had as much material to support an argument. Well hopefully today we can at least acknowledge that argument. Is the third gate and expansion project needed? Thats to be discussed later IMO. I think right now what we all need to focus on is figuring out just how far the rabbit hole goes. This could be absolutely nothing!! Or it could be the beginning of something...

Key notes to land use,

Over 3 Million Sq Ft of Retail Space
Over 10,000 Hotel Rooms
Nearly 7,000 Time Share Units (Think DVC)
Attraction Space of 300 Acres
36 Holes of Golf
Partnership with Rosen College to include 1000 students and over 400 Sleeping Quarters

I've included as many images as I could as well as screen captures from content I believe to be important. I will also include the links to the entire documents from which they were found. PLEASE NOTE: This is public information and was not taken, stolen, or in anyway altered or misused. I hope this expands our conversation on the subject as well as gets the creative juices flowing... ENJOY!

Original Documents

Public Hearings Universal Boulevard and Pavilion at Sand Lake.pptx

http://www.occompt.com/attachments/article/5704/2013-04-30

Focus on Pages 88-101

http://www.ocfl.net/DesktopModules/OCFL/CountyCalendar/CalFile.aspx?DumeotcnID=3392

First link isn't working. I really need to get past my loathing of the comptroller site/search (I really don't like it), because the other sites I do have an easy time searching don't provide nearly as nice of results. If you feel like PMing/emailing me with some more info, I might have some pertinent info that could help connect a few dots for both of us.

ETA: Also, the biggest piece of this puzzle right now is land ownership/control. There's a very tangled web here, and I've already hit a ton of dead ends trying to figure that key piece out.

Last edited:
Saw some of this earlier on twitter and was waiting for your take on it. Pretty exciting if it's true and not just a bluesky master plan sort of thing. Might pull Mickey off his Florida throne.

First link isn't working. I really need to get past my loathing of the comptroller site/search (I really don't like it), because the other sites I do have an easy time searching don't provide nearly as nice of results. If you feel like PMing/emailing me with some more info, I might have some pertinent info that could help connect a few dots for both of us.

ETA: Also, the biggest piece of this puzzle right now is land ownership/control. There's a very tangled web here, and I've already hit a ton of dead ends trying to figure that key piece out.

If you have something and been holding on to something why don't you just post it?? This is public information not CIA or NSA level intelligence. The whole point of me posting this is because I can't figure it out. So if you or anyone else knows something post it :lol:

I guess my question is, when it gets to this stage, is this a "we are trying to get zoning and other permissions in case we decide to do this", or is it "we are trying to get zoning and other permissions because we are going to do this"? I'd assume the latter, but I could see the first option as well.

But assuming this is the plan, this is a game changer. Logistically, there is room for a 3rd and 4th gate plus a water park there. Obviously they are going to put the hotels, timeshares and other income generating structures there as well. The most genius part of this location to me is that they are placing themselves in a spot to really capitalize on the convention center business. They can build a fleet of hotels right there by the OCCC and have them tie directly into a monorail and other transportation to City Walk and the parks. Thats thousands of customers that they aren't directly tapping into right now. While not all Convention goers are going to have time or the interest in going to the parks, they all have to eat and many look for entertainment at night. Having another Citywalk there, and/or direct transportation to the existing one is brilliant. Rather than grab a cab to downtown disney or to the international street restaurants, they can walk across the street. The golf course mentioned will capitalize on the same business. This really is huge.

And as a future looking thought, if they are indeed building a monorail, How much you want to bet they will try to get it ran all the way to the airport? Or is there a light rail already in the works they could tie into?

even better question... Huge CITYWALK and POLERCOASTER announcement coming near the end of this year. We were looking for who would have that type of capital and who has that type of land... Now we see that UOR has both of those. With Citywalk 2.0 plus a few hotels, this would be a good idea. Why? because its a trill ride in a different locale, it means they can ride this, enjoy the citywalk near the new hotels without having to go all the way to the current resort to go on a thrill ride.

Damn... I kind of wish we didnt see this... Now we know.. and now we wait...

If you have something and been holding on to something why don't you just post it?? This is public information not CIA or NSA level intelligence. The whole point of me posting this is because I can't figure it out. So if you or anyone else knows something post it :lol:

Well, mainly because it involves a name, but...

What do you know about a Marc Watson, specifically his current relation with Universal, and any possible dealings in land purchasing/development?

Also, the current owner of 99% of the vacant land is still a Stanley Thomas (via FQP/UCPM III); however Marc Watson was a partner of Thomas' specifically under Universal City Property Management III until either '08 or '09. A second, seemingly unconnected land owner has about 4 lots within the larger area (all bordering Universal Blvd.). I have yet to look into this land owner, but at first glance there is no connection to Fourth Quarter Properties/UCPM III/Stan Thomas. Also, a mysterious Tax Deed Enterprises LLC has shown up with actual ownership of a lot of land south of Universal Blvd. included in this plan, and may have more, including UCPM III lots.

Unraveling the mystery around Watson, and especially Tax Deed Enterprises, is the key to this, I feel.

Last edited:
Well, mainly because it involves a name, but...

What do you know about a Marc Watson, specifically his current relation with Universal, and any possible dealings in land purchasing/development?

Also, the current owner of 99% of the vacant land is still a Stanley Thomas (via FQP/UCPM III); however Marc Watson was a partner of Thomas' specifically under Universal City Property Management III until either '08 or '09. A second, seemingly unconnected land owner has about 4 lots within the larger area (all bordering Universal). I have yet to look into this land owner, but at first glance there is no connection to Fourth Quarter Properties/UCPM III/Stan Thomas. Also, a mysterious Tax Deed Enterprises LLC has shown up with actual ownership of a lot of land south of Universal Blvd. included in this plan, and may have more, including UCPM III lots.

Unraveling the mystery around Watson, and especially Tax Deed Enterprises, is the key to this, I feel.

and our quest begins

Also, any information about Imagine Creative Technology LLC would at least be interesting, though I'm not sure about helpful. It is our Mr. Watson's current business endeavor, and the main site is a bit of a dead end (rather secretive, I'd say). I'd imagine your (HTF) leads in Creative and elsewhere could know a bit more about it. Disneyhead, Teebs?

Also, any information about Imagine Creative Technology LLC would at least be interesting, though I'm not sure about helpful. It is our Mr. Watson's current business endeavor, and the main site is a bit of a dead end (rather secretive, I'd say). I'd imagine your (HTF) leads in Creative and elsewhere could know a bit more about it. Disneyhead, Teebs?

I'm gonna comment on part of this in the upcoming podcast...

I was following this story on twitter the other night. Wasn't really sure about some of the stuff they were talking about so happy to see it on here and hopefully see it develop more. I'm just going to assume this is Universal until proven otherwise because I want to believe :drool:

Marc Watson is one of the guys responsible for Universal Studios Florida's existence and has been a HUGE proponent of the I-Drive Corridore Monorail. He actually wanted the new Orlando Magic Arena in the attractions area. The fact that he is involved is a good thing. And the fact that UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management is on Universal Blvd isn't blind luck. This has been part of the grand plan for a very long time. Why do you think Universal Blvd goes all the way to the 528?