Universal Express Pass Park Hopper and One Day | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Express Pass Park Hopper and One Day

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 14, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
All:

I have a trip in June where I will be spending one day at UNI and IOA. I preferred more but it wasn't in the cards. To assist with this, I purchased the Unlimited Universal Express pass for both parks and a hopper ticket. Which park should I start with or what would be the preferred route through the parks? Hitting Gringotts is high on the list, more so than Forbidden Journey. I've not been since before Mummy was added and so I have some new things to tackle.

Thank you all.

I'd say start at the Studios and do everything not potter. After that go enjoy Diagon and do Gringotts. Then take the train over to IOA and work that park. Once it gets dark you can ride the train back and enjoy Diagon at night. I just don't think it is ever worth it to try and hit Harry Potter early because of early admission. But the two main HP rides and the train don't have express so thats all you have to work around. And at least do the regular line for the HP rides once then you can do single rider if you want to get rerides. For reference Gringotts single rider is about 15-20 mins from the bottom of the staircase and like 30-40 mins from where you pick up the glasses. Forbidden journey is 45+ if it is down to the stairwell. So when you wait for those rides you can check the single rider lines to gauge the waits.

Reactions: SkiBum
All:

I have a trip in June where I will be spending one day at UNI and IOA. I preferred more but it wasn't in the cards. To assist with this, I purchased the Unlimited Universal Express pass for both parks and a hopper ticket. Which park should I start with or what would be the preferred route through the parks? Hitting Gringotts is high on the list, more so than Forbidden Journey. I've not been since before Mummy was added and so I have some new things to tackle.

Thank you all.

Hi! My recommendation is to look at TouringPlans.com and develop a one day two park plan and note that you have Express Pass. Outside of that, worry about Potter either first first or last last. With Express, minimal stops, and no mid day breaks you can do two parks in one day. It's going to be tiring but the most fun you'll have.

Reactions: SkiBum
Hi! My recommendation is to look at TouringPlans.com and develop a one day two park plan and note that you have Express Pass. Outside of that, worry about Potter either first first or last last. With Express, minimal stops, and no mid day breaks you can do two parks in one day. It's going to be tiring but the most fun you'll have.

I was reading TouringPlans agendas with the Pass and figured that they were probably the most spot on. I love that site as they pretty much hit everything on the head with timing. Thank you for the advice on Potter. My sense was that I should go directly to Gringotts upon arrival and then work my way through the rest of UNI. I will check out TouringPlans again, though.

Also, thank you for this and all the other information/opinion that you supply on these forums.