Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Express Survey

Jul 9, 2010
Charleston, SC
"Universal Orlando is testing an additional "Universal Express" product which gives park visitors the ability to make reservations for rides without having to stand in the regular lines. This product will allow visitors to view attraction wait times and make ride time reservations all from a hand held device.
Reservations are made one at a time and will not expire until they are redeemed at the attraction or cancelled by the user.* This device will allow our visitors to maximize their time in the parks!"

I don't get it. Will there be a second Express line or something? If not, you're still gonna wait in line the same amount of time you normally would. Or are they reverting back to the old Express system where you got specific times?

I don't get it. Will there be a second Express line or something? If not, you're still gonna wait in line the same amount of time you normally would. Or are they reverting back to the old Express system where you got specific times?

Yeah, not sure what this offers. Only thing that would make it great is if you were treated like a VIP and bumped to the front to walk on the ride.

As long as they have a separate line for it... Mixing this in with the current express line WILL reduce on site hotel business. many people staying on site, including myself, do so because of the express perk. I will be much less enclined to spend $400 a night if I have to share the express line, when I could stay off site for a third of the price and reserve the same line for free.

Having said that, I don't see anyway of creating yet another line for the rides. Most already have three lines already, regular, single riders, and express.

So no sir I do not like it

Last edited:
Universal tests out a lot of ideas (Jaws queue-less line ring a bell)

that is one thing I like about Universal is because they are smaller than Disney we get to see a lot of their tests.

I believe that this is just a different way of handling the pre-purchased Express Passes. If you buy online in advance, I believe that you will be able to reserve specific time frames at certain attractions. But this option will be in addition to the Express Pass Price. So this will be the exact opposite of free. But it should be free for on site hotel guests. Not only giving them Express Passes but also reserved time windows.

I'm thinking this will be another option for express at the park or even a replacement. The current "use anytime" express could still be used and the "virtual queue" could be a less expensive option.

The Lo-Q device lets you see all the current ride wait times, you select the ride you want for virtual queue, and once that time is up it pages you to head to the express line.

I'm thinking this will be another option for express at the park or even a replacement. The current "use anytime" express could still be used and the "virtual queue" could be a less expensive option.

The Lo-Q device lets you see all the current ride wait times, you select the ride you want for virtual queue, and once that time is up it pages you to head to the express line.

I'd think this "virtual queue" would be more expensive, not less. Since when you get to the ride, you wait in a shorter line than the normal Express.

I'd think this "virtual queue" would be more expensive, not less. Since when you get to the ride, you wait in a shorter line than the normal Express.

I'm thinking it will probably just use the same line.
The current express you can just hop in that line whenever you choose. From what I'm guessing the new system would be, you can only get into that line when your time comes up. That limiting factor makes me think it would be the less expensive option.

I'm thinking it will probably just use the same line.
The current express you can just hop in that line whenever you choose. From what I'm guessing the new system would be, you can only get into that line when your time comes up. That limiting factor makes me think it would be the less expensive option.

You see it as limiting and less expensive and universal sees it as a convenience for guests to plan their day. Which is how it'll be sold.

Personally I'm happy with the current express system.

I don't want to have to plan my trip down to the ride times. I want to be able to get on any ride I want whenever I feel like it. I love the current onsite pass, and I really truly hope they aren't even considering changing it up. Onsite Express is the whole reason I'll be staying at Universal and visiting Disney this summer, rather than the other way around.

From Screamscape:

General Resort News - (4/2/12) Remember that rumor I posted back in January about Universal Orlando making some kind of big change to the Universal Express system? This was followed up by a survey from Universal in Mid-March asking about possible names for a new version of Universal Express that would feature a hand-held reservation unit of some kind? Well… check out the little yellow gadget hanging from the belt of a crew member at Islands of Adventure that was sent in over the weekend.
If you’ve never seen one before, that is a Q-Bot, a nifty little wireless ride reservation system device. You don’t need to go to the attraction to use it, you can put yourself into the virtual queue and select your ride time from anywhere within the park and just show up when its your time to ride. I’ve used them myself at Six Flags and Dollywood and they work very very well. So looks like either Q-Bot is coming to Universal… or at least Universal is testing out the system for consideration.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_orlando.htm

Just as I thought Screamscape reports that an employee was seen with one of the Lo-Q devices at IOA.