Universal EZ pay or pay in full? | Inside Universal Forums

Universal EZ pay or pay in full?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 10, 2012
Which pass is cheaper over the long run (for multiple years)? EZ pay or pay in full?

With EZ pay you have auto renew, but does that mean you have to pay the down payment again or do you keep paying the same low monthly rate?

With pay in full, I am assuming you will get renewal offers, while the EZ pay you will not?

#1: I think its cheaper to pay in full.

#2 Dont know, I know one of my cousins just paid the $18 again and it renewed her pass. (I think)

#3 Not sure

Not 100% sure! but I think paying in full works out better. I have seen post that suggest renewals get a decent discount.

My family's passes recently auto renewed. I did not need to give another down payment, the cost right now is the current cost divided by 12.... So nothing down and no discount.

The other thing is they mentioned I am now on a month to month plan. I take that to mean that when prices go up, so will my payments. I really do not know if this is true, but my guess is that by being month to month, I did not lock in the annual cost for 12 months.

So in other words, your monthly payment doubled the second year? Because the first year the down payment covers half of the annual cost. Without that down payment, and using the full price divided by twelve months, that means your monthly payments doubled. If this is true then there would be little doubt paying in full would be cheaper, after renewal discounts.

So in other words, your monthly payment doubled the second year? Because the first year the down payment covers half of the annual cost. Without that down payment, and using the full price divided by twelve months, that means your monthly payments doubled. If this is true then there would be little doubt paying in full would be cheaper, after renewal discounts.

Yes, my new payment is more than double what I was paying each month for the 1st year. I think I got $10 off each pass when I bought them originally (or FL res passes went up $10 since then), so with the three passes, my monthly payment went up around 55%, but I had no down payment to reduce the monthly cost.

I have Flex i pay 18 a month it auto renews but the moth before it auto renews i got an offer asking if i'd like to pay in full they would give me a big discount which was a great deal just didn't have the money to shell out all at once at that moment. I personally dont mind the monthly payments some people like my friends and fam do they get annoyed of it because you can forget about it and when or if you live check by check and count your every dollar those 18 dollars can get taken from your bank account when you need them most lol so it's totally depending on the person and the money they have/make.

I have Flex i pay 18 a month it auto renews but the moth before it auto renews i got an offer asking if i'd like to pay in full they would give me a big discount which was a great deal just didn't have the money to shell out all at once at that moment. I personally dont mind the monthly payments some people like my friends and fam do they get annoyed of it because you can forget about it and when or if you live check by check and count your every dollar those 18 dollars can get taken from your bank account when you need them most lol so it's totally depending on the person and the money they have/make.

Did you get this offer via mail or e-mail?

I recommend paying in full, if you are able to, mainly because the renewal rate does come with a nice big discount. You will indeed get a pamphlet to remind you when the pass is close to expiration. :thumbs:

Did you get this offer via mail or e-mail?

You can call them and request it 1-866-PASS-4-FUN. I actually originally started on FlexPay (however many years ago), and after I did the math for the renewal I got out of that real quick.