Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal increases Parking Prices: 2018 Edition

Compared to ticket prices, there's a much lower bound for how much you can increase parking.

Universal's got to be getting close to a maximum parking price. Depending on where my hotel is, it could honestly be cheaper to Uber to the resort both ways rather than Prime park.

Compared to ticket prices, there's a much lower bound for how much you can increase parking.

Universal's got to be getting close to a maximum parking price. Depending on where my hotel is, it could honestly be cheaper to Uber to the resort both ways rather than Prime park.
Universal will never truly reach a max price because as long as attendance keeps on growing, the garage is going to fill up faster. Smarter travelers like you who want to save a good amount of money may work around by parking elsewhere and taking an Uber, but that's adding an extra step and for some people, they really don't care how much paying for parking is because they've already budgeted/saved for a trip and just want to get in ASAP.

Universal will never truly reach a max price because as long as attendance keeps on growing, the garage is going to fill up faster. Smarter travelers like you who want to save a good amount of money may work around by parking elsewhere and taking an Uber, but that's adding an extra step and for some people, they really don't care how much paying for parking is because they've already budgeted/saved for a trip and just want to get in ASAP.

And when budgeting a vacation, people almost never factor parking costs into it. You put in, tickets, hotels, flight, car, food, merch, but never count parking. So by the time you realize parking has been jacked up, you are already at the gate, so you are just going to pay.

Thank The Maker for my AP

Speaking of making things...Do we know what the money made from this is used for? New attendants? Upkeep of parking? Feed the Borg?

Just curious