Universal Not Disabled Friendly - Sued by Amputees | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Not Disabled Friendly - Sued by Amputees

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's disgusting to me when people try and profit from real problems like this. What is Universal honestly supposed to do? Can children sue because they don't meet the height requirements on the Hulk? Universal and ever other theme park already makes every effort to accommodate as many people as possible.

I understand your frustration with it being in the public eye but when you think about it at that current time what are they supposed to do remove everybody from the queue line ? I remember when I went on the Mummy a guy was getting on the ride but was to overweight to fit in the ride the TM's nicely came out to him and explained the situation. I just can't see them removing everybody from the line's it would cause confusion and chaos.

I understand your frustration with it being in the public eye but when you think about it at that current time what are they supposed to do remove everybody from the queue line ?

All they had to do was move us out of the way, as Sea World had done. But, to be fair, we caught them off guard and really confused them. That's why I wonder if training would help keep something like that from happening.

I think Universal in some ways is definitely lacking in how it finesse with disabled guest, but I think the emphasis should be taken off attractions and put on over all guest experiences, there are a lot of little things like more handicap accessible ramps and stuff that would make life easier.

The fact that people are so sue happy is the reason these rules exist in the first place.

Not allowed to ride? Sue.
Allowed to ride and get injured? Sue.

Why would you sue if you know you cant ride in the first place there doing there job and DONT want to get sued may I remind you what happend last year on Ride of Steel at Darien lake!!!

This lawsuit isn't going to go anywhere. It's not discrimination, it's safety.

Universal isn't the first big theme park that's been sued for the same issue. If the reason this person is suing for was a valid one, then EVERY ride on property would have to be accessible to people of all height and dimensions. Universal might not be the most customer friendly when it comes to most situations, but having been to both of their parks with someone in a wheelchair, both parks are suitably ADA compliant.

Historically, it appears that they always settle... just a cost of doing business. $150K get lost kind of stuff.

Which is complete nonsense in my opinion people with these disabilities sould already know this if they rode the ride and they could have a very high chance of serious injury or death and UO is trying to keep everyone safe and have a good time but I guess people these days think money is worth more than there lifes...

I'm sure my point of view isn't very popular but I don't think universal should have to accommodate anyone they don't want to.

The height issue is a great example. Are little people gonna start suing because they aren't being accommodated?

In exchange for that they can lose all the business and get all the negative reviews from the people they choose not to accommodate.

Suing is dumb. Just people wanting money.

Please don't take offence to this. Only in America would this happen. Well it does happen else where but not as often. This is just crazy. We have case in Australia, where a woman is suing our Wet n Wild park because she didn't pick up enough speed to make it around the loop on on for the parks Aqualoops. She became stuck (this is a common occurrence on the ride) and became scared that someone would come down and hit her. Although they have signs everywhere around the slide saying you might get stuck and that if you do get stuck the slide will stop the ability to open the trap door (how you start of the slide), stop the water flow and that there is a door on the top of the slide so you can get out. As well as a speaker system should you get stuck. So she is trying to sue for mental and physical harm. It big news for us as its rare that our parks are sued.

The biggest thing I don't get is why the parks let people get away with it. It just more people believe that they could get away with it.