Universal "Now Hiring" Thread | Inside Universal Forums

Universal "Now Hiring" Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Might as well create a catch-all thread.

Hi. We both have our applications in at Universal. How do we get someone to speak with us regarding our applications? My application is current in review and my fiancés is waiting review.

Reactions: shiekra38
Hi. We both have our applications in at Universal. How do we get someone to speak with us regarding our applications? My application is current in review and my fiancés is waiting review.
Check any emails you received when you first submitted your application. They usually have an email or phone number you can use for any questions. If not I’d call their Human Resources department. Good luck!

After a rather long time living here I have finally applied for my permanent residency, got my work permit already, just waiting for social, maybe I'll work at Universal :)

After I retire, I'd love to captain (drive?) a Uni hotels boat or something. But, seeing how I've never even ever done that, I guess I better start practicing. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: shiekra38

And more good news, I did not get the entrance operations job but instead will be working in Dudley Do Right! Going to sign the paperwork tomorrow, as such I have a quick question; I take public transportation, so I will arrive at the bus loop, now apparently there is a employee shuttle that takes you to where HR and wardrobe is, does anyone know if you catch this from the bus loop? Also, I assume there is no quick and easy way to walk from the bus loop to HR? Thanks in advance.

And more good news, I did not get the entrance operations job but instead will be working in Dudley Do Right! Going to sign the paperwork tomorrow, as such I have a quick question; I take public transportation, so I will arrive at the bus loop, now apparently there is a employee shuttle that takes you to where HR and wardrobe is, does anyone know if you catch this from the bus loop? Also, I assume there is no quick and easy way to walk from the bus loop to HR? Thanks in advance.
The Lynx Bus actually has (or had, with no reason to change from what I can tell) a stop right in front of where you go to get your wardrobe…HR is one building over to the left. You should be good.

Congrats on the new role!

Last edited:
Reactions: anihilnation
The Lynx Bus actually has (or had, with no reason to change from what I can tell) a stop right in front of where you go to get your wardrobe…HR is one building over to the left. You should be good.

Congrats on the new role!

Thanks mate. Seems the 21 still stops at HR, I probably will be taking the 38 though, the new express bus to Universal, but I don't think he stops there, then, I could just transfer to the 21. I plan to be an hour early to figure out the optimal transportation.
Cheerio!

You can always opt in to the Take-Home wardrobe option and just arrive dressed for work and walk straight to Ripsaw from the bus loop, avoiding that back area altogether. Not sure if you’ll be able to walk through the park to get to HR from there on your first day (unless you already have your ID or your own annual pass to get into USF and walk through the back), in which case an hour still gives you plenty of time to walk there via Universal Blvd—> Turkey Lake.

I'm not sure if there's a shuttle pickup near the parking garage (there is for VB, not sure about one that returns to HR/Wardrobe), just keep in mind the TM shuttle will bring you to the backstage side of Wardrobe which could get a little dicey if you don't have your ID. I'd certainly try to play it safe if you're at the paperwork signing / pre-ID and orientation stage and use the bus loop that drops you off right outside of Gate 2.

I'm not sure if there's a shuttle pickup near the parking garage (there is for VB, not sure about one that returns to HR/Wardrobe), just keep in mind the TM shuttle will bring you to the backstage side of Wardrobe which could get a little dicey if you don't have your ID. I'd certainly try to play it safe if you're at the paperwork signing / pre-ID and orientation stage and use the bus loop that drops you off right outside of Gate 2.

Thanks. Decided to just play it safe and book a Lyft to take me to the HR building. Better to spend some money and having less anxiety :)

Reactions: JoeCamel