Universal Orlando Annual Pass UK | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Annual Pass UK

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 3, 2015
UK
As I plan on visiting Universal on its own the next few years after my trip in Sept I was considering an AP as an option, how easy is it to get one when in the UK, what benefits would I see from buying one ? And if anyone from the UK has one how do you book your trips when you have one, as in book the hotel using your AP and flight separate etc.

Very easy. You can purchase them on the Universal Orlando website from $240 + tax, depending on which AP you want.

They charge $19 for international shipping, but you can just use 'will call' for free and collect on your first visit.
You just book flights and hotels as normal, if you book hotels directly you should be able to quote your AP number when booking for any applicable discounts.

Best to check out the benefits on the website (above) as they differ depending on which pass you purchase, but can include free parking, hotel discounts etc.

How beneficial an AP is depends when, and how often you intend visiting. The Orlando FlexTicket could be a better option (Orlando Theme Parks and Holidays - Orlando FlexTicket) as this includes SeaWorld, Wet 'n Wild, Aquatica and optionally Busch Gardens, it is unlimited entry for up to 14 consecutive days for $335.95, of on UK sites (http://www.attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk) from £227.

Good info above. Go the will call route to save on delivery fees, you can collect at machines in hotels or at the gates.

I've had AP and always get value from it, usually by having two trips within a year, the discounts and perks make it worth while too, free parking, free club entry, merch, hotel and restaurant discounts, amongst others all help

This year I will get AP for a 3 week trip in July, then I'll be back for 2 weeks in Sept which will also get me a discount on my HHN ticket and I hope to get an April trip out of it too. For me AP is a no brainer.

Having AP makes the second and third trip much easier to budget for as park tickets are a big chunk of the trip.

I book flights separate, usually book as soon as they come out (11 months before you want to go) for best prices, you can get AP rates for Uni hotels or stay I drive, then car hire if you need one, Ive used http://www.usrentacar.co.uk/and Cheap Car Hire | Car Rental Deals | Cheapest Car Hire | Alamo Rent A Car in the past.

Feel free to PM or ask here if you want any more advice, will try my best to help.

Last edited:
Just be warned that the first time you visit, you will be directed to a line to get photographed and a finger scan. You will be just fine if the line isn't too long. (it drove me bonkers)

@UK-Trigg So would the best way to do things is book my hotel via Universal website if I i stay at say Cabana and use the AP code for the discount then book my flight separate ? Also what about getting to and from airport/hotel, as I don't tend to drive when I go on holiday as my job involves enough driving everyday as it is so I tend not to do any when I am away.

Keep in mind that the lowest AP rates sometimes don't get posted until it's within a few months of the arrival date. If you're trying to reserve far in the future, the AP discounts for the hotel may not yet have taken effect. This kind of varies so you need to check every now & then if you want the lowest rate. Or, if you booked at the higher rate, you can cancel & re book. That worked for me a couple of times.

We bought ours over the phone as while I am fully computer literate, the website is shocking. We did have ours delivered (Free of charge, perk of phoning maybe?!)

I Don't remember having a photo taken!?

We have Prem passes, made full use of the valet to speed up leaving the parks at busy times, the discounts on merch and food are well worth it.

As mentioned, if you are planning a holiday from UK, the AP discounts are not always cheaper depending on what your other travel plans are (Non UOR Hotels etc, sometimes a multi hotel stay with an agent will be cheaper than an AP discount). You might be wanting to book up well before the AP discounts are released for the time when you want to go. Just do your research!

It will be a UOR hotel, i intend to stay at Cabana Bay :)
Thats cool, just don't rely on the AP discount, check everywhere, Travel Republic often have reduced room rates better than AP Discount

Yea i was really just asking about the benefits of an AP when booking etc, it isnt a must have but thought getting info is always a good start :)

I usually book flights and hotels separate as I have DVC, saying that though my September trip was booked as a package as I had used all my DVC points for July trip and I got a fantastic price in the Xmas sales.

Paid £1340 for flights and 2 weeks at CCBR, flights are £600+ nowadays so £700 (less if you factor in that the flight could have been more) for 2 weeks CBBR was a bargain, £52 a night or $79 . Not sure I would have got it that cheap by booking separate.

Best advise is to shop around and weigh up all the options.

I always driven from the airports but many pre bookable taxis are available on-line, couldn't help with prices though, sorry.

Depending on where in UK you are, check out Thomas Cook Airlines for Orlando flights, they are coming up cheap now. Flew with them in Premium Eco with a weeks stay (be it at Rosen) in April, cost just £1500 all in for two people. Worked out much cheaper than Thomson, BA or Virgin at the time of booking.

That was a package, but the flights on their own are not too terrible either. Only catch its they only fly from Manchester or Stansted, Refurbed A330s though.

Gatwick is the closest to me so I go from there, I shall just have to do more research and decide what I really want to do.

Gatwick is the closest to me so I go from there, I shall just have to do more research and decide what I really want to do.
Gatwick also my best option, but the price difference was to big to ignore! lol

Depending on where in UK you are, check out Thomas Cook Airlines for Orlando flights, they are coming up cheap now. Flew with them in Premium Eco with a weeks stay (be it at Rosen) in April, cost just £1500 all in for two people. Worked out much cheaper than Thomson, BA or Virgin at the time of booking.

That was a package, but the flights on their own are not too terrible either. Only catch its they only fly from Manchester or Stansted, Refurbed A330s though.

Is that the Rosen Inn Plaza......stayed there many times. Best location in Orlando for getting out and about sans car in the evening.

I flew on one of the TCA A330s to Orlando 2 years ago, it had the funky downstairs toilet block - first time I had seen that. Had a big of a bargain, was only £360 each for flights.

Is that the Rosen Inn Plaza......stayed there many times. Best location in Orlando for getting out and about sans car in the evening.

I flew on one of the TCA A330s to Orlando 2 years ago, it had the funky downstairs toilet block - first time I had seen that. Had a big of a bargain, was only £360 each for flights.

It was RI International (used to be a Quality Inn, corner of Sand Lake Rd) Yeah the A330s are much better now, still got the strange downstairs toilets though!