Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando featured on Celebrity Apprentice

Dec 14, 2012
Philadelphia
Tonight (March 10th) on NBC at 9 PM Est.

"The teams jet to Universal Orlando Resort in Florida to produce an interactive 3-D experience, but an indecisve project manager and a tyrannical leader mar the mission"

The Walking Dead or Celebrity Apprentice? I know I can DVR it, but it's not the same as watching live! I'd love to see Universal Orlando on TV - whenever they should Disney/Universal on TV it's always the California parks.

Did anyone catch it? I'm sort of boycotting anything to do with Donald Trump because he annoys the hell out of me... but still curious to see in what way Universal was showcased... especially since the last time they were there, they showed a bit of the WWoHP.

It was fantastic! Lots of shots of the parks and the different mixture of things Uni has to offer. Good marketing for Universal for sure!

I didn't watch it because......

Did anyone catch it? I'm sort of boycotting anything to do with Donald Trump because he annoys the hell out of me... but still curious to see in what way Universal was showcased... especially since the last time they were there, they showed a bit of the WWoHP.

That. Donald Trump annoys the crap out of me, which is why I don't watch it. There'll probably be clips on You Tube anyways.

If you can try putting up with Trump it's a hilariously awful show to watch.

They showed off the park nicely. Spent a little over an hour of the show on it. Dee Snider said he's been there 50-100 times (have any of you guys seen him there before? :lol:) Showed them running around in all the different areas getting photos and gifts for their projects (WWoHP, Seuss Landing, Port of Entry, Minion Mayhem, and some gift shops in both parks) and they said they liked it there. Lil Jon even told Dee Snider and the rest of the cast/Trump that he really liked it and is definitely going to go back with his son.

Overall it was good (presumably free since it's all NBCUniversal) advertising for the park but you didn't miss much if you didn't see it.

Can't stand Trump or the show either, but I watched it to see how Universal was portrayed. They did some nice long shots of the parks, filmed some in the parks, and spent a lot of time on th front area of Citi Walk. For the second hour they were back in NYC, which was great because I could turn off the show and watch "The Vikings" on the History Channel. This is a scripted show and it captures the realism of the early Middle Ages very well.

This actually took an entire week to film, and I want to watch it but only because it was filmed at Universal. I despise Trump. Yeah, I was actually watching Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen last night.

I put this on for a second last night. After knowing what dates this was filmed on, and adding in the fact that Dee Snider was on my flight home from Orlando right around that time, I'm assuming he was eliminated. :lol:

I too watched and think it shows how disconnected theme park marketing is from the actual parks. At least with what was shown, nobody seemed to take issue with the replication of photo experiences that could be done better inside the actual parks.

I too watched and think it shows how disconnected theme park marketing is from the actual parks. At least with what was shown, nobody seemed to take issue with the replication of photo experiences that could be done better inside the actual parks.

The tasks don't really matter. You get free advertising in primetime. As long as they showed off the park (they did) and the celebs seem to endorse it (they did) then it worked.