Universal Orlando Increases Ticket Prices | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Increases Ticket Prices

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting. Hmmm. How long before the complaints that Universal is greedy and it is pathetic how greedy they are in this economy?

Universal is greedy, they figure they will get their own, but the smart thing that UO did though was not alienate the locals and APers, they didn't raise the pricing of those tickets which Disney did.

Was that statement serious? You have DM and Spidey redo coming the first half of next year, which falls into this bracket of ticket increase coverage.

We knew this was coming and I think UO did it right by not raising AP holders and FL residents. They take better care of their AP holders than Disney, in my opinion.

We knew this was coming and I think UO did it right by not raising AP holders and FL residents. They take better care of their AP holders than Disney, in my opinion.

They absolutely do. Price point for sure, and even more so, the great perks that come along with the AP for use in the Resort.

UO AP > WDW AP

Both in price, discount, perks and benefits among those.

I HATE that the WDW AP discount only gets you meal discounts at lunchtime, in certain restaurants, when the sun is facing a certain direction. You want a meal discount, you have to sign up for Tables in Wonderland, which look at that, automatically adds tip in there too.

Not worth it at all.

Very interesting and probably clever move to not increase local and AP ticket prices... that certainly keeps me happy for the time being.

...does this mean we might see some HHN ticket increases, though?

They have always increased to match Disney pricing
I think it is so they can say we are as good as Disney.(I think better but that is my opinion.)
The difference is they do discount tickets (online)
and their AP's are a good buy.

Very few people I know buy one day tickets at the gate.

I am not upset about the price increase if it means the parks make more money.
That means more money for new rides and upgrades and if it makes some not come to park that is a few less people in front of me in line :)

I do not think a 3 dollar increase will stop many from coming to the park.

I do not think they have priced themselves too high it is still a good value for your money. The higher one day tickets are the more multiday and AP's are sold .
More days in a trip is more money for the park.

Just outta curiosity, how many hate Disney's price raise, but can justify Universal's?

Good question. Disney is doing the same thing Universal is, covering increasing operating costs. When you get down to the bones of the entire operations and dissect each part of the revenue, ticketing covers a theme parks operating costs (employees wages, ride operating costs) Considering Disney increased it's workers wages by 3% (correct me if I'm wrong on that number, I thought that is what the contract they agreed on provided for the unions) as well as the Star Tours relaunch and continuing work on Fantasyland ... I don't see any harm in it.

Fail. Super uber fail.

Way to continue to follow in Disney's shadow, Universal. You widen the gap in attraction design and themed environments, and then you turn around and do something where you just follow the leader. Lame.

Just outta curiosity, how many hate Disney's price raise, but can justify Universal's?

I hate WDW because they went across the board, AP, FL resident, everything.

Now while I hate that UO did it too, I'm not as upset about it because they left the FL Resident tickets and AP pricing the same.

Price increases always sit better when you can actually ride the ride/ expansion they are paying for. As in I don't mind paying more since I can actually ride FJ. As opposed to pay more today to get in and watch them build a ride that my today's increased priced ticket won't get me on because it won't be open until next summer.

Universal announced the raise after they announced there new coming rides it is a follow the leader mentality. Disney added Star Tours 2 Disney continues to get ready for Fantasy Land upgrade so that is the same excuse as the Spiderman and Despicable Me capitol. IOA just had a 30 percent increase and that brought in How many Millions of Dollars? The Huge Merchandise sales of Harry Potter brought in How many Millions of dollars. Sorry it has nothing to do with Capitol it raises because it can. And I am an Annual Pass holder for Universal and for Busch Disney is way to Pricey for a non resident. And no one treats Pass holders better then Busch IMO. But again don't want to get bogged down on pass holders we have a thread for that.